Seeking AMVers For Article

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
jowinterfeld
Org Profile

Seeking AMVers For Article

Post by jowinterfeld » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:03 pm

Good Day, everyone!

Are you an AMV editor/creator or a die-hard fan of a certain editor/creator? I want to talk with you. My name is Jo, and I'm a writer for MyAnimeList.net. I have been assigned to write about AMVs and the culture itself, so I am asking you all for help. Even if you are not an editor or creator, I still want your input about what AMVs mean to you and any AMVs that are particularly special to you. I am mostly looking for those to interview, but if your AMV work is consistent and highly-rated across the board, your work will be considered for placement in the article.
If you are interested in helping or being interviewed, please inbox me. I appreciate your time and attention to this, and I hope to hear from you.
Thanks!

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Re: Seeking AMVers For Article

Post by dreamawake » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:58 pm

I'm down. Been editing since 02. Still love the art, though lately I lack the motivation to edit anything new lol

BladEra123
Org Profile

Post by BladEra123 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:59 am

I'd be interested :)
Legend dies, but legacy never ends~
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/bladera123
MyAnimeList: http://myanimelist.net/profile/BladEra123

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:48 pm

Count me in
ImageImage

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:24 pm

I am pretty new to making amvs. I started last November and if you want a view point from someone new to the scene I am down.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:31 am

I've been on the Org for 15 years, I was involved in the IRC/Mailing List before that, and so I know quite a bit about the history. But there are folks who know more, like Vlad, because they were older so their memories might be more complete.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:06 pm

I'd help
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:42 pm

bug me my user id number is only two digits, if you don't know the user id numbers started at 1 and got bigger from there
This has no relevence to the discussion above it

SerenityAMV
Org Profile

Post by SerenityAMV » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:56 pm

I'm interested :D

jowinterfeld
Org Profile

Post by jowinterfeld » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:53 am

Hey, everyone! Thank you all so much for the responses. Unfortunately, the window is now closed, and the article has been finished. I have attached it here so you all can have a look at it. http://myanimelist.net/featured/1509
I really want to expand it, and I will talk to my editors about doing so via my MAL blog. I feel as though 700 words does not cover everything I wanted to write about. Please let me know what you think, but please don't rip into me too much.
Thanks again!

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:01 pm

jowinterfeld wrote:Hey, everyone! Thank you all so much for the responses. Unfortunately, the window is now closed, and the article has been finished. I have attached it here so you all can have a look at it. http://myanimelist.net/featured/1509
I really want to expand it, and I will talk to my editors about doing so via my MAL blog. I feel as though 700 words does not cover everything I wanted to write about. Please let me know what you think, but please don't rip into me too much.
Thanks again!
Man that really is too short. Not enough examples and not enough information...use this, it is a good resource for the period until 2001:

Genesis of the digital anime music video scene, 1990–2001
http://journal.transformativeworks.org/ ... ew/365/293
Some of my vids: Saitama's World Man of Sorrows War of wrath
My Youtube channel: Logos studios
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

Changelling
with double L
Org Profile

Post by Changelling » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:48 am

Lol this kinda makes the AMV community look sad as hell

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:16 pm

Yeah, I would be lying if I said I was a bit on the disappointing side, especially the part about the community. I know what Shin's full answer was to the questions about it, and it was very positive for the most part so the quote from him was taken very out of context, which I don't feel is super fair since it puts the community in a bad light. In addition, the article was extremely short despite how many questions we answered...

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:47 pm

Ouch... that context with Shin's comment really does make things sound bad. I know I didn't respond to this, not sure how ingrained in the community I am anymore, but I can say that while I do see cliques from time to time when we all gather at con (which for me is only AWA) all of that seems to disappear. I can use MaboroshiStudios as an example. Guy is a complete dick online but once he's at con he's one of the coolest guys to party with (love ya Joe :P ) Moreso then any other community I know of (especially cosplay) the editing community is way more inclusive and friendly at-con despite the 'clique-ish' or 'elitest' fiscade the online community seems to display.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:30 pm

I started going to AWA because of two groups (which had some overlap), one of which was AMVs. Patrick Bohnet (Quu) and I have known each other since 1998, seeing him pass was really hard on me, because he was the one who got me into AMVs. Jingoro and I share a love of KOR. I knew EK both from my time at UT (she worked on campus with my best friend), through AMVs, and through the other AWA group of which I was part. I cannot speak highly enough of MexicanJunior and Carlos (who also went to school with me, and worked in the same comm school building as I did). There definitely used to be an in-person community. That said, I still see dokool a lot, because we both live in Tokyo. :3
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General AMV”