Have you made AMVs with music you personally dislike but (in

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Tyrfalger
Org Profile

Have you made AMVs with music you personally dislike but (in

Post by Tyrfalger » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:57 am

Like the title says, have you ever used music you personally dislike but perhaps is popular, syncs well, or some other reason and used it to make your AMVs?

I don't think I could make an AMV with music I dislike, it wouldn't be very enjoyable since making the AMV is half the fun.
Where words fail, music speaks.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Have you made AMVs with music you personally dislike but

Post by Ileia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:59 am

Yes, quite a few actually. Most are from contests where you get assigned a random song to edit with (like the Online Iron Chef Tournament and The Quickening). Sometimes they were awful songs, so I just sacked up and made a video anyway. Probably the best example is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Im7K8e40hI
I find this song to be amateur quality "I take this seriously because I'm 13 I guess" music, so I just power'd through and made the song into something different that I could work with. (Plus "misheard" lyrics are always fun!)

If you ever have to edit a song that you hate, whether for a contest or whatever, just make it your bitch. :up:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:51 am

I'm not a fan of Iniquity, but it worked for the joke. :shrug:

After figuring out the initial timing (difficult with so much noise), it was just a matter of writing jokes and dropping them in the slots I'd made, so it wasn't so bad.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:10 pm

my image of Dokidoki being a metal badass are shattered.

for me , it would be the video i did for the quickening(im usually more of a metal guy).

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Likewise, it's usually from an editing contest where I don't get to choose the song.
ImageImageImageImage

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:31 am

No. Allthough I have begun editing with a song I like but began to not like it in the process. I didn't listen to the Pineapple Song since I finished editing.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:19 pm

From newest to oldest:
Law Of Cycles (Had nothing better to make - like this version more than the original at least.)
Sweet Peach (Request from a friend)
Right-Hand Girlfriend (Didn't like it originally but the concept got stuck in my head and I ended up liking it after editing.)
Mimzy (Mep thing I wanted to be in, but I hate this song.)
Whole Dawn (Request from my niece, was indifferent to the song, eventually came to hate it.)
Millennium Crystal (Constantly heard it on the radio but I needed to get it out of my system.)
"Morning Ritual" By: Ahiru (Mep I didn't want to be in - picked the least annoying song.)
I'll Be There (Request from a friend who hates anime, but liked this movie, and I hate this song.)
World of Elegance (Started out liking this song, but ended up hating it by the end and yet I still want to remake this video)
The One - Love Stories - Track 05 (Another mep I didn't really want to be in. Song chosen for me.)

There are plenty others in my list that I'm pretty indifferent with... but nothing worth noting aside from those.

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:00 pm

I do have an idea that involves a song I like but I need to use the extended version that I don't care for as much.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:09 pm

That would have to mean admitting I liked that one Linkin Park song for an AMV I did.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:40 am

Dragonrider1227 wrote:I do have an idea that involves a song I like but I need to use the extended version that I don't care for as much.
Why do you have to use the extended version?

Return to “General AMV”