im looking for help

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Strife425
Org Profile

im looking for help

Post by Strife425 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:14 am

Hello guys , i just registerd in this forum because i want to do my first amv so i was wondering if i can get some help , i wanted to do about the requiem for the phantom anime
I still havent selected the music for the AMV yet
Thanks guys

seasons
Org Profile

Re: im looking for help

Post by seasons » Sat May 03, 2014 10:15 pm

What do you need help with?

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:45 am

Let me just say that if you don't have that much editing experience than your first amvs are going to be bad regardless which is nothing to be ashamed of. You should just try to edit and edit. It doesn't really matter what you edit. Most people start by editing action vids, because I guess it's kinda easy (doesn't have to be) but you can do whatever you want. Just try out all kinds of effects, just remember than most of the times less is more.
ImageImage

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:37 pm

As someone that has been doing this for a while, I can tell you the best way to start is simple. Make a video using just fades and time it with the beats of the song. You'd be surprised the results you'd get. Once your comfortable with timing, start using flashes, or dissolves. What I do is, in every video I try something new. I just recently learned masking and cookie cutter transitions which ill use in my new video. Just always try something new, and understand there's 90% chance your first video will suck. Don't get disappointed, just have fun with it and don't let others opinions get you down. The members of this community are great with constructive criticism and I'm sure we'd be glad to help you with anything. If you're using Vegas, pm me and ill help you with any questions you have :).

Return to “General AMV”