About software used

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
gino1221
Org Profile

About software used

Post by gino1221 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 am

I want to ask what programs you normally use. I use sony vegas (which is ofcourse a trail mode) and i uploaded on youtube and sony claim copyright infringement and my video got removed. Since sony vegas is damn costly, i want to know is there a way to use it legally since it's the best(according to me) video editing tool.
Please help.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: About software used

Post by Kariudo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Moved to Gen AMV.

This actually has nothing to do with the software that you're using, but rather the music (or even possibly the anime) you used in your video. Youtube is taking your video, doing some hardcore math, figuring out what source(s) are in your video, and then asks the copyright holders if they want to block, show ads on your video, or do something else.

I'll also take this time to mention that you don't have to worry about your video being taken down if you upload here. Uploading is more involved (takes more steps) here than it is at youtube, but there are guides to help you with that. (Moonslayer's uploading guide) (My using FTP guide)

gino1221
Org Profile

Post by gino1221 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am

Ok, thanks. If its like that, i think its probably the music because the copyright claim came from Sony Music Associated Records Inc.

gino1221
Org Profile

Post by gino1221 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:46 am

Oh one more thing, the upload thing ,i've been having trouble since yesterday. I followed the guide but it did not seem to work where we have to type the ftp address in the address bar.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Browsers (in general) don't handle FTP (at least not without a plugin). So, that'd be the point where you switch over to my using FTP guide. I suppose it would've been helpful if I had said that before :amv:

Moonslayer's guide gets you through entering the video into the catalog and requesting upload permission, then my guide takes you through FTP, and then Moonslayer's guide leads you through confirming the upload.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Wait, YouTube has a means to check for a video software trial watermark and refuse to upload it? o.O

Are you sure the AMV didn't just also use music that belonged to Sony and the relationship to the video being edited by Vegas was coincidental?

gino1221
Org Profile

Post by gino1221 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:15 am

ok thanks again.

DJ_Izumi wrote:Wait, YouTube has a means to check for a video software trial watermark and refuse to upload it? o.O

Are you sure the AMV didn't just also use music that belonged to Sony and the relationship to the video being edited by Vegas was coincidental?
Well i dont know actually,but i use sony vegas trial mode and the copyright infringement came from sony , maybe its just coincidence, but i want to at least find out why sony claim copyright

butterflo
Org Profile

Post by butterflo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 am

it's most likely the music.
any music Ytube analyzes as owned by Someone, (in this case Sony Music Associated, the copyright holder) Ytube automatically processes what Someone told Ytube to do.
There are several options that copyright holders can choose from; They can take down the video along with the music, or mute the music part only, or leave it alone.. (not exhaustive)

It's most likely coincidential since you used Vegas trial version, which is also from Sony.
If you'd want to be sure just render your video without any audio, then upload it to see what happens.
watch my videos here:
https://butterflo.me

Return to “General AMV”