Off-site honors

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
gotegenks
Org Profile

Re: Off-site honors

Post by gotegenks » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:43 pm

woah, i didn't know, but it sounds extremely far fetched, but i guess it could make sense
...off topic now aren't we.?

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:18 pm

Somebody on the Tube just told me they saw my Risky Safety "Whatevah" video playing on all the TV's in their local Wal-Mart's TV department, as though it were on a DVD. I am completely weirded out by that.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:35 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:Somebody on the Tube just told me they saw my Risky Safety "Whatevah" video playing on all the TV's in their local Wal-Mart's TV department, as though it were on a DVD. I am completely weirded out by that.
The way I was introduced to AMVs is pretty similar. About seven years ago I was in Suncoast, and was playing on the TV.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:Somebody on the Tube just told me they saw my Risky Safety "Whatevah" video playing on all the TV's in their local Wal-Mart's TV department, as though it were on a DVD. I am completely weirded out by that.
The way I was introduced to AMVs is pretty similar. About seven years ago I was in Suncoast, and was playing on the TV.
That's pretty cool. Nice to know some amv-loving employees are out there ninja-ing this stuff in the TV department. :D

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Post by OtakuGray » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:55 pm

o_o
not rly sure wut this link is about:
http://www.getacd.es/escuchar_4s_UqszpF ... fame_720p_
lol and someone posted one of my tweets. its REALLY old tho lol ik that stuff now.(yes i have a twitter :awesome: )
http://twitoaster.com/country-za/philli ... do-u-know/
and WOAH THATS LIKE ALL MAH VIDS O_O
http://kpopvideo.com/sarang/mv-OtakuGray

at least they gave credit...
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:14 pm

Heh... thanks to this thread, I googled myself and found a Webshots album full of dumb photos that I had apparently created 6+ years ago. At some point, I guess Webshots decided to make everything public by default. I couldn't remember my password to the site or even the (now expired) email address I'd registered with. Had to jump through some hoops to get that album deleted. :sweat:

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

awww was about to make a trip through google (not the website o.0) -ville. Didn't you know that's what google was made for?? o.0 lol
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:41 am

Ive had lots of these ironically.

Had my amvs as part of about 3 or 4 public access cable shows. Even got an e-mail from someone who enjoyed it.
this was back in 99 so was really psyched

Did the opening for the premiere of Otaku Unite at AWA a couple years ago.

My gods things video was uploaded without me knowing onto you tube and was a prominent feature on voltairs myspace page.

Guyz night message me on youtube to make sure i credited them and then added a video reply to my AMV.

a couple japanese blogs actually posted about my momus vids, of course i no longer have thinks to those thanks to idiots who flagged them.

Other japanese blogs have covered my vids i guess cause i use some obscurer music that the music otakus love seeing anime to those fun little strange bands.

And thats just what i can list off the top of my head.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:09 am

Ok, guys, since when is youtube a fucking honor? Really now? *THAT* is what it takes to stoke your ego? Hate to tell you, but a video of a cat eating has 100x more views than almost any AMV. You guys are taking pride that a kitten is kicking your ass. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

And the Japanese sites I'm seeing referenced are probably youtube aggregators. I've noticed it with several of my videos, if it's on youtube then there's some aggregate site out there that indexed the link to it. Although most of the ones I've noticed are Russian rather than Japanese, but still, it's just a computer script.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:50 am

Back in college, I saw some people playing my RE4 and Naruto Ball Z videos on their laptops with their friends watching. I would have went up to them and said I made them, but I was too shy. :oops:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “General AMV”