General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Your target audience

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:39 pm

For the entire Universe.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:34 pm

@Judge:
Yeah YouTube-Insight ist really great. Some of those statistics really make me wonder:

Here are my statistics for:

-Different Realities
The biggest age groups in percentage are 13-17, 18-24, 35-44 overall the groups are well balanced. Even 55-64 has quite a lot views, which is a big mistery for me. 68% are male.

-Eve-The Perfect Human
13-17 with 59% followed by 18-24 with 20%. 54% of all viewers are male.

-Being A Superstar
13-17 with 40% the rest seams to be balanced
54% of all viewers are female. All you ladies surely have some good taste! =D

Use YouTube Insight. It is a hell of a statistics machine. I guess it's a great tool for marketing analysis too.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 pm

When I made my first AMV, along with my other videos on my profile, I didn't really have anyone in mind. Quite particularly, I made them because I wanted to make an AMV after watching a few of them. During that time I was in college and had more free time, so I had more time to edit and watch whichever anime was on [adult swim]. Now that I have a job and that CN was switched to Nickelodeon, I don't have as much time and don't really watch anime anymore. I have been working on a few projects ever so slowly, and when I have my projects open I find myself thinking about those who are fond of sand dunes and salty air, quaint little villages here and there if you're fond of sand dunes woooot wooo woo if you're fond of sand dunes woooot wooo woo if you're fond of sand dunes

But seriously, when I made my first AMV, I took into recognition that people had short attention spans, so I tried keeping most clips less than 8 (iirc) seconds long. It's a character profile (though as the title suggests, it's not just about Squall, but about the other characters as well, as an opinionater stated), so I guess it's aimed at FFVIII fans, and considering it's my highest star rated video, I guess it succeeded as that.

My second video was more for myself if anything. Even if it is a character profile video, who else plays JRPGs and listens to country music? Nobody, that's who.

The last two are experimental, if anything. I guess those were aimed at whoever was curious enough to watch 'em, I suppose.
Under Construction

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 pm

I don't edit with a target audience in mind. This may be the reason why I have so few youtube subscribers. But even with this being said, my youtube insight data says that 70% of my overall viewers are female. This percentage only goes up or down about 1% when looking at the insight data for each individual AMV.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:23 am

According to YT:

Tegami I made for 13-17 old girls.
Hot White What I made mainly for 45-54 old year guys (wait, wut?)

My vids are quite popular in Czech (what a surprise), California (oooh yeah), Japan (HWW, Japanese guys are perverts), Saudi Arabia and Peru...

So it prolly means I make vids for guys in Peru... I suppose... :|

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:20 am

Actually... why should I even edit for an target audience in this hobby? Fame, viewer choice awards at con? tsss... I can edit for a target audience when I get payed for it or in rare special cases.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 am

I could say I just edit for myself, and in a way it's true. I edit the videos I want to edit and if people like the finished product then yay, if not, yay still.

Though I have made some videos with certain audiences in mind. Mainly the difference between making a video geared toward being approved by fellow creators or by the general con audience. Most of the time I gear my ideas toward the former, since I'm expecting the main audience to be other editors and fans like me, but from time to time I've made a video that I expect to only work at a large showing at a con.

Dance 1 and 2 I made because I enjoyed the idea. Dance 3 I made because I was annoyed at the quality of 2. Dance 4 was made specifically as a convention video, designed to be seen by people who had seen the others and would get the in-jokes that harked back to the other 3. Dance 5 I made because I wanted to again, and because I said I would after I saw my b-day vid a while back.

But really, I think more along the lines that eva-fan was hitting at. I don't really have my audience in mind when I make a video, I just make the idea I want to edit, a video I'd want to see. If someone else watches it and enjoys it, well, now I'm speaking circular so here we go again!
ImageImageImageImage

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:39 am

ngsilver wrote:I could say I just edit for myself, and in a way it's true. I edit the videos I want to edit and if people like the finished product then yay, if not, yay still.

Though I have made some videos with certain audiences in mind. Mainly the difference between making a video geared toward being approved by fellow creators or by the general con audience. Most of the time I gear my ideas toward the former, since I'm expecting the main audience to be other editors and fans like me, but from time to time I've made a video that I expect to only work at a large showing at a con.

Dance 1 and 2 I made because I enjoyed the idea. Dance 3 I made because I was annoyed at the quality of 2. Dance 4 was made specifically as a convention video, designed to be seen by people who had seen the others and would get the in-jokes that harked back to the other 3. Dance 5 I made because I wanted to again, and because I said I would after I saw my b-day vid a while back.

But really, I think more along the lines that eva-fan was hitting at. I don't really have my audience in mind when I make a video, I just make the idea I want to edit, a video I'd want to see. If someone else watches it and enjoys it, well, now I'm speaking circular so here we go again!
lol, after hearing your podcast i read this hearing that nerdy radio voice xD

yea...this i guess...but its basically what 80% of us keep saying.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:40 am

gotegenks wrote:
ngsilver wrote:I could say I just edit for myself, and in a way it's true. I edit the videos I want to edit and if people like the finished product then yay, if not, yay still.

lol, after hearing your podcast i read this hearing that nerdy radio voice xD

SupaKaream wrote:My Friends.
What are you, some cliche shonen hero? :P

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:12 am

gotegenks wrote:lol, after hearing your podcast i read this hearing that nerdy radio voice xD

Well, guess I have a topic for this week's episode!
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General AMV”