Why is it that DBZ+Linkin Park is so widely used? (serious)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:58 am

*Bah, my first AMV ever was made with Sonic Anime Webclips and Japanese Comercials* -_-

BTW, none of the 5 "Last Resort" vids that I downloaded were made by you NeoGohan. *L*

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Here's something you should check...

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:17 am

"Snow Covered Dreams"

It's Linkin' Park's song, "My December" to the Rurouni Kenshin OAVs...

GET IT!

I'm posting this since it's linkin' park based.

^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:02 am

but but... some linkin park amvs actually win cons.

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:21 am

SpPANDA wrote:but but... some linkin park amvs actually win cons.
The one I can think of is the Trigun "In the End" video from last year's Otakon. That one was very nice, and kinda got me misty eyed.

I dunno what other LP videos have won at cons...
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Supavegitto
Org Profile

Post by Supavegitto » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:41 am

To each his own, if that's what people want to see, oh well :?

I guess the new generation of fans got messed up from watching those od awful dubs and whatnot, or that most people are stupid, take your pick

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:03 pm

[quote="OrionPro001"]...Also, and I really hate to say it, but it is a "mainstream" in the AMV community, and I don't like to associate with mainstream.... quote]

Isn't it ironic that rebellion has become so popular?
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:04 pm

goddamn it! why cant we edit our posts?
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

paizuri
Org Profile

Fly me to the moon

Post by paizuri » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:42 pm

nailz1000 wrote:
OrionPro001 wrote:...Also, and I really hate to say it, but it is a "mainstream" in the AMV community, and I don't like to associate with mainstream....

Isn't it ironic that rebellion has become so popular?
But isn't it? There are two types of poseurs in the world. There's the kind that likes something because it is popular and everyone else (or at least the vast majority) likes them. Then there's the kind that doesn't like something merely because everyone else seems to like them. If you like (or dislike) something, please do so because you personally do (or do not) like them. Basing your opinions merely on the influence of others is what being a poseur is all about.

As for Linkin Park and Dragonball Z, it just so happens that they are 2 very popular things at the moment. Thus, it's not hard to make an LP + DBZ connection in AMVs. There are quite a few LP videos to other shows and plenty of DBZ videos to other groups too. Give it some time and I'm sure the popularity of both will fade (although I'm betting DBZ will outlast LP by a good long while).

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:50 pm

I'm betting DBZ will outlast LP by a good long while).
DBZ's final episodes are gonna run this fall but then Dragon ball and GT will take it's place.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:56 pm

I'm sure he didn't mean on cartoon network. When's the last time you saw linkin park on tv? =p

Return to “General AMV”