Hi. Plz help. [Identify an AMV.]

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
koronoru
Org Profile

Post by koronoru » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:28 pm

jonmartensen wrote:
koronoru wrote:
EarthCurrent wrote:Phade, BTW, doesn't like UNKNOWN ARTIST UNKNOWN SONG in the database.
What does Phade want people to do if the artist and song are unknown? Not enter the video at all? If so, how does that relate to the "all videos must be entered or your name is mud" rule? Do you just deserve to lose if you make a video with an unknown song and artist at all?

How would you not know the name of the artist/anime/song it you bought the materials?
Well, one way would be if it's from the sound track of a video DVD rather than from a disc that was sold as music. The credits ought to list every song that's in the audio, but they don't always. I have legitimately-purchased DVDs which contain music for which I have no more information than "Well, it's from the soundtrack of such-and-such show" and (although I haven't done this) making an AMV from that music would be no more illegal or immoral than making an AMV is at all. I've spent more time than it's worth trying to track down a certain English-language song that appears in a Hellsing episode and for which I have no information. Another way would be if you buy, or are given by someone who bought it, a disc for which all the labelling and other material is in a language you can't read. Granted that one is far-fetched, but the world is a very big place. Someone has surely done it.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:36 pm

Bah, humbug.
Trying to find what the name and where a song can be found that appears in an episode is truley, very, HARD.

The only thing you can do here, is really count how many songs are int he episode, and see what number the song you're looking for is. Say, that the song you're looking for is the second song played in the episode/movie.
Flip to the credits, and it SHOULD be the second song listed.
Granted, I am not positive that this works for all movies/episodes.

The only TRUE ways to find out what song is under what name, is by tracking down one of those rare sites that actually lists what song is played in each episode and where, or by downloading/buying the OST of whatever it is, to try and locate the song yourself.

However, a lot of anime series find it great to release multiple soundtracks (Angel Sanctuary and Revolutionary Girl Utena are prime examples), so finding the right one can be hard, and, in all ways, very expensive.

If you actually do go through with buying the soundtracks, however, the stuff written in Japanese does not hurt you at all. There are many different ways to trnslate the listings, and many sites that translate certain OSTs.

My site is one of them.
Granted, I only put up the lyric translations for OSTs I actually own, but that can change with some requests...

Anyway, if you want more help with anime songs and such, do some research or be lazy and PM/email/IM me and I'll do it for you, since I try to be current on this type of stuff.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “General AMV”