Help identifying editor of an AMV

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Sifter7
Org Profile

Help identifying editor of an AMV

Post by Sifter7 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:26 am

Hello,

I would be grateful if anyone here could help identify the editor of a certain AMV that I watched more than a decade ago but has stuck in my mind since. I don't need help "finding" it as it can be watched on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5E3XMZwwOs

However I have reason to believe that the uploader (kiriko ashitawa) was not the editor especially since the uploader explicitly stated in the now deleted? description that it was a re-upload and that they did not know the original editor. I also have no idea why the audio is so bad, I don't remember it being like that. I have already conducted a fairly extensive search myself using multiple search engines with date filtering etc. I searched for all AMVs on this site that had used that Simple Plan song but could not find this one. Searching the uploader's username didn't turn up anything either. I imagine whoever edited this video must be somewhat well-known or at least known to this community? Their edits are not trivial and display a fair level of skill and maturity. Some of his other uploads (all uploaded on the same day) are also interesting and worth investigating especially this one, a short 26s clip that looks like the beginning? of an AMV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6yQXBDfdf0.

Any help in this would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Fumbann
Org Profile

Re: Help identifying editor of an AMV

Post by Fumbann » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:01 pm

Uh, so... somehow I found a better audio quality version of the amv on the web, and I wish I could link you to where i found it, but it's full of adult content for some reason???? I downloaded the video though and here's a google drive link if you want:
The adult site is mat6tube, and they don't seem to show any info of the uploader, so, no luck..

As for the editor, I think I haven't found them yet either, at least for this specific amv. It looks like this uploader (kiriko ashitawa) was re-uploading from different people, and I was actually able to find one of them; the "Uchiha Itachi ~ Face to face remorse" video Is actually registered on the org! It was made by "mightuchan" although there's no link or backup of the video. But the user left their youtube channel here- it's deleted but at least the wayback machine has some screenshots when their channel was still up. - and their second channel is thankfully still up but without any older videos. I don't think it's the same editor as the Angel Beats amv because their org description says they only make naruto content, but I thought maybe you'd be curious about the other videos. I'm still checking out the ones you mentioned, so I'll post again if I find anything.
Oh and about the 26s clip one, I think maybe it's a beta for an AMV. The song is "beat drop" by Simon Curtis so I'll be going off of that
Somos cuerpos delirantes, melodías con sabor.

Return to “General AMV”