Original Rock Music for your AMVs

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
xelaf
Org Profile

Original Rock Music for your AMVs

Post by xelaf » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:06 am

Hey there fellow video editors,

My name is Alex and I am a guitar player, producer and video editor for the Heavy Rock band NeverKnow from Cologne Germany.

Although I loved watching animes as a kid, I was never aware that AMVs existed, until some guy created an AMV with our song "Overcome". It was amazing to see how this fit together and I admired to creator for putting to much effort into it. Sadly I cannot find this video anymore on YouTube. Fueled by this experience I also reached out to this forum 7 years ago with our old music.

Fast forward 7 years. We have grown as a band and wrote new music. I would like to present some of it to you. If you enjoy this type of music, I would be honored, if someone of you wants to work with one of these songs. I have to add, that our music is not popular, so people are probably not going to find your video just because of the music alone. This offer is for the guys and girls of you, that like to try out new things.

By the way, the videos were all made by me.

NeverKnow - Anthem

"Anthem" is fast and straight forward rock song. It features clean, melodic vocals and a driving beat. Its about breaking out of suppression and letting nothing stop you. Fight back.

"We are the ones you cannot break! We are the ones to break your frontline."

NeverKnow - Brand New Me

"Brand New Me" is a fast paced, yet still groovy, energetic song with clean and shouted vocals. It is about rediscovering yourself. Getting rid of the old, embracing the new. Growing as a person.

"I can´t believe that this was waiting on my inside. Purified myself, made me someone else."

NeverKnow - In Ecstasy

"In Ecstasy" is also uptempo with melodic guitars. Vocals are again mixed between cleans and shouts and a very mellow bridge part. I guess you could say its about an unforgettable night. In Germany we also call it "the greatest pastime in the world" :D.

"I'll make you scream! Your body in my hands. I'll make you feel the things that you deserve. In ecstasy!"

NeverKnow - In Memory

"In Memory" is very different. Its a slow, mellow ballad which grows more energetic towards the end. Its very melodic with a lot of acoustic elements. It deals with the connection to a loved person, which is not here anymore, though memories.

"Wherever you are, whatever you do, this is in memory of you."

NeverKnow - Loss. Decay. Pain. Relief.

"Loss. Decay. Pain. Relief" is also very special, but in another way. It focuses on the exhausting journey of splitting from a toxic relationship and the difficult healing process. The song features mellow acoustic soundscapes but also very energetic and harsh chorus and bridge parts. Its also pretty long, but there a possibilities of shortening it.

"You are no longer my shelter to hide in, you have become my decay!"

That was a long post. Thank you so much for your time! I look forward to hearing from you. And also good luck on your current and upcoming projects!

Greetings, Alex

Return to “General AMV”