I'm approaching the critical mass necessary to start EVAULT

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
the Black Monarch
Org Profile

I'm approaching the critical mass necessary to start EVAULT

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:56 pm

I'm currently strip-mining the Golden Donut for literally any and all Evangelion videos. Parodies, fake trailers, music videos, doesn't matter. Once this task is finished, I will use the Org database as a starting point to compile a list of all the Eva videos known to have existed, whether I have them or not. All videos that I have will be made available for download. People will be encouraged to upload the ones I don't have, regardless of who made them. There won't be any of this "videos can only be submitted by their own editors" nonsense. People will also be encouraged to send descriptions for lost videos that aren't on the list so that those descriptions can be added to the EVAULT.

Or maybe this is just the caffeine talking.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Re: I'm approaching the critical mass necessary to start EVAULT

Post by Zeonic Freak » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:55 am

If you check my profile I've done a few over the years you're more than welcome to have them for this EVAULT.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:50 am

Zeonic Freak wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:55 am
If you check my profile I've done a few over the years you're more than welcome to have them for this EVAULT.
Haha, I already grabbed your Aquabats video yesterday at 9:13 AM pacific time. I found that and one other Aquabats video (by ReannaKing, using the song Giant Robot Birdhead) accidentally while searching for videos using Aqua songs.

Looking at your video list, I found only one other Evangelion video, using the Miami Vice theme. It shall make a fine addition to my collection :) Also... you were using MP4 way back in 2003? Or is this a new encode?

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:27 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:50 am
Zeonic Freak wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:55 am
Haha, I already grabbed your Aquabats video yesterday at 9:13 AM pacific time. I found that and one other Aquabats video (by ReannaKing, using the song Giant Robot Birdhead) accidentally while searching for videos using Aqua songs.

Looking at your video list, I found only one other Evangelion video, using the Miami Vice theme. It shall make a fine addition to my collection :) Also... you were using MP4 way back in 2003? Or is this a new encode?
Oh lol, no I grabbed that from my Youtube account, and you can DL your YT videos as .mp4 files. The OG file is like .wmv or something which is on one of my ext HD and a data CD.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:13 pm

Zeonic Freak wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:27 pm
Oh lol, no I grabbed that from my Youtube account, and you can DL your YT videos as .mp4 files. The OG file is like .wmv or something which is on one of my ext HD and a data CD.
:uhoh:

When you get the chance, could you provide the originals? I prefer copies that have been transcoded as few times as possible. Also, wmv is more authentic to the time period :)

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:49 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:13 pm
Zeonic Freak wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:27 pm
:uhoh:

When you get the chance, could you provide the originals? I prefer copies that have been transcoded as few times as possible. Also, wmv is more authentic to the time period :)
Alright, I found the original file, and also made a folder of other Eva AMV's ive had for nearly 20 years that im not sure if you have or are missing, but they are all here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:52 pm

Zeonic Freak wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:49 pm
Alright, I found the original file, and also made a folder of other Eva AMV's ive had for nearly 20 years that im not sure if you have or are missing, but they are all here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Tori Amos, Queen, and Monty Python were already in my library. I'm not quite sure what to classify the FF7 crossover video as. The other three music videos and one parody crossover have been renamed and added to what will eventually become the EVAULT :)

Return to “General AMV”