I need someone to judge this AMV MIX

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Freez.vfx
Org Profile

I need someone to judge this AMV MIX

Post by Freez.vfx » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:15 pm

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHpHWsQanGU]

I have worked hard on this edit collecting clips and trying to do some effects. I was trying not to make the edit not look unprofessional,but i think it kinda came bad.I usually upload my edits to Instagram so i only had one minute to express my feelings.This is why there is lack of emotions towards the end.I would love to hear from someone who has a lot of experience and also if you have something to say you are more than welcome :).

seasons
Org Profile

Re: I need someone to judge this AMV MIX

Post by seasons » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:43 pm

What was your inspiration or motivation for making this?

Why do you only have one minute to express your feelings? What if you didn't have any limitations like that?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 am

I think you're just doing too many things with your editing. You have a good eye for match cuts, but in just those 60 seconds, you go through so many different types of effects, and so many anime that everything kinda looses it's punch. I did like the match cuts from 0:24 - 0:32 though

My advice to you is to try giving more purpose to your song, anime and scene selections. I could audio swap your video with just about any high energy action song, and the lyrics would be just as meaningful. If you really want to bring out emotions, use the anime to enhance the music instead of it just being a vehicle to sync

Freez.vfx
Org Profile

Post by Freez.vfx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

seasons wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:43 pm
What was your inspiration or motivation for making this?

Why do you only have one minute to express your feelings? What if you didn't have any limitations like that?
I was first inspired by my favourite editor on instagram @69paths. Then i just kept practicing because i liked this match cut style.

I have only one minute because instagram only allows one minute video to be uploaded, of course I can upload a video of length more than one minute but the viewer might just swipe instead of viewing the whole vid.
Also this type of edit requires a lot of patience and time, if u look closely i tried my best to match cut everything,so this is also one reason why the edit is very short.

Freez.vfx
Org Profile

Post by Freez.vfx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 am
I think you're just doing too many things with your editing. You have a good eye for match cuts, but in just those 60 seconds, you go through so many different types of effects, and so many anime that everything kinda looses it's punch. I did like the match cuts from 0:24 - 0:32 though

My advice to you is to try giving more purpose to your song, anime and scene selections. I could audio swap your video with just about any high energy action song, and the lyrics would be just as meaningful. If you really want to bring out emotions, use the anime to enhance the music instead of it just being a vehicle to sync
what you are saying is right but on instagram everyone usually focus more on vfx and not on emotions.

yes you are correct, everyone said that this edit lacks atmosphere. will try to do better next time :)

FinalSouls
Org Profile

Post by FinalSouls » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:57 pm

it won't bad I like the effects and some trans and the way it keep up with the beat action were rather good
however and now this is just me i wasn't a fan of the letterbox coming down into the sense it kind of throw me off if you need some vfx let me know I have a lot of on my after effects If your interested overall it was decent good job
[Signature removed by Admin]

Return to “General AMV”