Constantly Changing Avatars...

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
The_Berserker_666
Org Profile

Constantly Changing Avatars...

Post by The_Berserker_666 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:32 pm

It's getting alittle annoying. Sure I'm curious as to how it's done, but it's still getting annoying. Some of the Avatars are cool. But then they change out of nowhere and change everytime I see the account agin. Klinky's avatar of Misato keeps changing endlessly. So...

1.) How do you do that? :shock:
2.) Anyone else getting tired of it? :?

I probably shouldn't make a big deal about it. I'll probably end up doing it too... :roll:

Shit. I'm a fucking hypocrate... :evil:
In a mad, blind rush of fury, I'll rip out your guts!

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:18 pm

i think it's a good idea... i'd have to figure it out someday...
he posted how he did it a while back, but i cant remember

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:47 pm

JustAnOrdinaryPanda
Org Profile

Post by JustAnOrdinaryPanda » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:14 pm

Having too many avatars DOES get very annoying... especially when like OMBs they can vary a lot. It makes the person lose a certain feeling of individuality, it catching on and everybody having them would really.........suck. :?
ImageImage
"We can post it on the internet!"
"No, we need to reach people who's opinions actually matter!"

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:25 pm

I think that Klinky, however, has done a very good job of keeping his individuality. One can have many avatars while still maintaining individuality by theming the avatars, having each one conform to the same overall idea. Obviously, Klinky's theme is Misato from Eva, and he's done a good job at varying each avatar to bring out a different side of Misato.
"When I got fat, I decided to grow a beard" -- The Great Andy
"Is it a DARTH visor?" and "It's funny cuz it's pants" -- The Master of on-the-spot Funniness
"You're too young for your age" and "I'm sorry for apologizing so much" -- The Master of on-the-spot Randomness

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:34 pm

I've only had, like, three avatars. Yuriko Star from "Irresponsible Captain Tylor", the infamous "War Menchi", and my current avatar, which is a pink something or other. I would say he is the epitome of "THE BAM".
I'm out...

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:36 pm

y2kwizard wrote:I think that Klinky, however, has done a very good job of keeping his individuality. One can have many avatars while still maintaining individuality by theming the avatars, having each one conform to the same overall idea. Obviously, Klinky's theme is Misato from Eva, and he's done a good job at varying each avatar to bring out a different side of Misato.
Yes. Keeping to a consistent theme is important. Changing from Inuyasha to DBZ to Eva and so on frequently doesn't make your message stand out.
I'm out...

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:38 pm

Your avatar certainly has the Lagasse eyebrows.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:09 pm

You're right! It's fucking uncanny!
I'm out...

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:16 pm

hey, just for fun, how bout switching back to our first avatar? just to remember the good old days...
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Return to “General Off Topic”