demons!!! death!!! and :O!!!

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:27 pm

/insert me creepy oijia board story here
/insert proof of metaphysics and reality of pychics here
/insert me telling you all to shut the fuck up here because I've seen crazy stuff here
/insert bullshit here
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:51 pm

Alucard_FoN wrote:Of course, people used to say much the same thing when some crazy guy told them the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way around. And when some whackjob said the earth is spherical. And when some insane, deranged lunatic said it should be possible to clone animals. In fact, people have said much the same thing over just about every major scientific discovery, ever. Just because it's not proven doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And just because you don't don't believe doesn't mean it doesn't exist either. Way to think forward.
Yeah except science has made people doubt many of the things "psychic" that were once considered factual and truth. So I would say that disbelieving much (not all) of that "BS" is actually a step forward and clinging to the absurd beliefs from Medieval and Roman times is what is not thinking forward.

The stuff you refer to is not new, it's based off of things that people couldn't explain hundreds of years ago. Then over time it has changed as people told the tales and altered them to fit their needs.

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:17 pm

wow... I started a disccusion... and al i wanted to know was what happenes to you when you use a quiji board. :wink:

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:18 pm

you blow up
the end.
NMEAMV: PENIS
NMEAMV: IN
NMEAMV: YO
NMEAMV: MIXED
NMEAMV: DRINK

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:29 pm

The Non-Professional wrote:wow... I started a disccusion... and al i wanted to know was what happenes to you when you use a quiji board. :wink:
nothing, absolutly nothing. You could replace the word quiji with monopoly and the answer would be exactly the same.

Alucard_FoN
Org Profile

Post by Alucard_FoN » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:38 pm

jonmartensen wrote:Yeah except science has made people doubt many of the things "psychic" that were once considered factual and truth. So I would say that disbelieving much (not all) of that "BS" is actually a step forward and clinging to the absurd beliefs from Medieval and Roman times is what is not thinking forward.

The stuff you refer to is not new, it's based off of things that people couldn't explain hundreds of years ago. Then over time it has changed as people told the tales and altered them to fit their needs.
Ridiculous. There have been VERY few actual scientific studies made on these things, because no scientists wants to touch them with a ten foot pole. And my thinking forward comment was not actually about this, it was about you needlessly insulting people who believe in it. Insulting other's beliefs is not only uncalled for in a public forum, it's downright rude at any time.

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:16 pm

I will end this once and for all now.
I recend the title of winner in this debate and give it to you, because opinion and belief is not something that can be debated. Rather it is argued and I only wanted to have fun. My previous posts were not meant to insult.

One last point I would like to make though...
There have been VERY few actual scientific studies made on these things, because no scientists wants to touch them with a ten foot pole.
Hahahaha, no. There is nothing to scientificaly prove or disprove. As you stated, it's your belief, which means that it fits in the same category as religion. As soon as scientists can undeniably prove or disprove the existence of a God I will give the stories of the paranormal and psychics creedence.

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:24 pm

opinion my ass
detach yourself from your physical desires, lay in bed for an hour, and then tell me its an opinion
:P
anyone can do it.. u just gotta know you can
NMEAMV: PENIS
NMEAMV: IN
NMEAMV: YO
NMEAMV: MIXED
NMEAMV: DRINK

Alucard_FoN
Org Profile

Post by Alucard_FoN » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:55 pm

Well, your last post on page 2 looked like it was flaming people who believe in it. Sorry if I misread it. Keep in mind also, that when I debate about beliefs and such, I do it for fun, not to argue with people because I think they're wrong.

OhMyBelldandy009
Org Profile

Post by OhMyBelldandy009 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:09 pm

fyrtenheimer wrote:i love ur avatar

Inuyasha ...my god *orgasms*

Finally, someone who appreciates Inuyasha for the real man that he is.

"Hurry up and go to sleep so I can ravish your body in ways you can't even imagine." -Paizuri

Return to “General Off Topic”