Has anyone read the golden compass?

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
silvertongue
Location: In the fiery depths of hell where the fingers of evil souls wrap around my throat and choke......
Org Profile

Has anyone read the golden compass?

Post by silvertongue » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:30 am

Yeah I uh read this great book a loooong time ago and continue to re-read this book to this day and I was wondering if anyone else has read it? Of course the two other sequels are also up for discussion ^_^
Anyways, these are three books by Phillup Pullman (for those of you that haven't read them) and they are what he calls 'his dark materials'. They are very much worth the read, I mean my screen name is even a tribute to the main character, Lyra. Well um, since I really can't think of a specific thing I want to talk about in the books, I shall let you guys decide.........so uh...anyone?
"And since I am dead, I can take of my head to recite shakesperean quotations" - Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas
"Nice work, bonedaddy" - Random dude, The Nightmare Before Christmas

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:34 am

How does this relates to AMVs? :?
ImageImage

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:34 am

Before anyone posts in here flaming you, I would like to know precisely why you thought a post about your favorite book belonged in a forum entitled "General AMV".

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:35 am

:?

Looks like someone confused General AMV with GOT.

(and for the record, no, I haven't yet, but my brother really liked them)
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

silvertongue
Location: In the fiery depths of hell where the fingers of evil souls wrap around my throat and choke......
Org Profile

Post by silvertongue » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:36 am

oops he he sorries guys wrong one...........
uh can i move it?
"And since I am dead, I can take of my head to recite shakesperean quotations" - Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:38 am

I expect that the invismods will soon sweep down upon this thread and deal with it accordingly :wink:

BTW, since GOT was deleted threads like this aren't really meant for this forum, tis mainly just amv related stuff.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

silvertongue
Org Profile

Post by silvertongue » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:41 am

Righto ^_~
Well suppose I shall find some other stuff to post...........sorry again guys
*grumble* yeah great way to start off silver, really mixing great with the locals.....way ta go all-star.........

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:32 am

now don't beat yourself over it, no one flamed you....yet....i'd take that as a good sign..

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:48 am

jonmartensen wrote:Before anyone posts in here flaming you, I would like to know precisely why you thought a post about your favorite book belonged in a forum entitled "General AMV".
There was no where else for it to go, thusly it landed in General AMV by default. I belive this was predicted when GOT was closesed by Furher Phade.

Return to “General Off Topic”