The Last Samurai

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
The HentaiMaster
Org Profile

The Last Samurai

Post by The HentaiMaster » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:59 pm

Youre thoughts???
More things change more things stay the same

The HentaiMaster

Lyrs
Org Profile

Re: The Last Samurai

Post by Lyrs » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:50 pm

The HentaiMaster wrote:Youre thoughts???
wth are you doing back? omg.

it sucks
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Re: The Last Samurai

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:53 pm

Lyrs wrote: it sucks
LIES!

I'll just cut and paste my Hypeo review...

Visually its perhaps the best movie this year, no, maybe even of the past decade. The casually brilliant Cinematography is absolutely gorgeous, from the breathtaking landscapes to the even more breathtaking battle scenes and fight sequences. On top of this, the musical score is both as original and as epic as the movie's title suggests. Now, I bet you're expecting me to say something like, "But the subject matter and the actual emotional substance was little more than a simple, hollywood cliche". However, this is not the case. The tribute to Japanese honor and Meiji culture is far too genuine to be a marketing scheme. Cruise wasn't the best choice as the main protagonist, but he doesn't do a bad job with it. If you view the movie with the preminition that you should focus on Watanabe 's character moreso than Cruise, you'll probably agree with me in saying that this is one of the year's best. The final battle is a little iffy though, some elements don't really make much sense, too many of the already horribly outnumbed Samurai die too quickly, and yet their ranks somehow seem to replenish themselves. This was really just a bad drop in a good bucket though, seeing as everything looks like it was done by Akira Kurosawa. Overall, I give this movie:

***1/2 stars

9/10

GO SEE IT!
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:10 pm

I want Tom Cruise mobbed and thrown off a cliff
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:11 pm

Don't for get to take Brad Pitt, Mat Damon, Ben Afflec, and all the other man toys with you.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

moonslayer
Org Profile

Post by moonslayer » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:12 pm

One of the best movies I've seen all year. It was quite realistic and did a great job portraying the Meiji era. The character's struggle with his past and himself added greatly to the storyline. The battle scenes were vivid and realistic (no cheesy shit). The scenery was breathtaking. The character development played out great and the plot was marvelous. The movie ended perfectly too, everything was resolved and it left you without question, nor did it drag on. It was entertaining throughout the whole 2:45 minutes, never a dull moment. Truly worth watching if you haven’t already. Hell go see it again it rules.

I give it a 10/10

Return to “General Off Topic”