Teenages, Scientists, and The United States INSULTED ON BBC!

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Teenages, Scientists, and The United States INSULTED ON BBC!

Post by danielwang » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:51 am

My emphasis:
"There are very few signals the United States understands - they do understand economic signals," Mr Simms added.

"There is only a certain amount of time people can go around behaving like teenagers who don't have to care about anybody else," he told Today.

"We are about half a century away from being ecologically and economically bankrupt because of global warming."

He proceeds to imply that other finding are... baloney!

darkyre
Org Profile

Post by darkyre » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:53 am

are u on crack? this post seems random at best, and completely incoherent.

Gaikotsu
Org Profile

Post by Gaikotsu » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:43 am

Hmm. . . a bunch of random quotes without even a direct source credited. . . I could probably be more coherent if I posted something like:
"The cat has been missing for three days."

"The police are still looking for leads on the case," officers told the press.

"If we truly have the desire to do so, it is only a matter of time before we establish viable colonies on Mars," stated NASA officials
Seriously man, if you're not even going to bother saying where you quoted from (a link perhaps?), or to even quote something without it being completely piecemeal, then don't bother posting at all.
Who knows what fires burn in the souls of others, or what burdens weigh upon their hearts?

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:59 am

I'm sorry, I forgot. Was busy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3296819.stm

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:01 pm

The coorespondent seemed to imply that teenagers don't care about anybody else.

I "tend to disagree".

WarpedElements
Org Profile

Post by WarpedElements » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:15 pm

Then you haven't checked out today's yuts (I love "My Cousin Vinny" on dvd). Fuck, even adults today. They won't help you on the street, hit by a car or if you just trip and fall. Fuck, there was a store robbed last night and it took the cops 2 hours to show up. With an example such as this, and shit thrown in their faces from MTV and standardized education, I'm suprised they can even PRETEND to care about things other than themselves. But hey, we'll be able to shake our fists and go "arggghh!" when we're in the nursing home and we're all fucked over.
SS5 Majin Bebi: Ok, I gotta go and shave my nuts... I mean... go home and get dressed for taekwon-do now.

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:31 pm

"teenages" :?: :roll:

KungPaoChicken
Org Profile

Post by KungPaoChicken » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:42 pm

:idea: I move for a banning... or some hitting action with a very long and thick stick. :idea:

TallonKarrde23
Org Profile

Post by TallonKarrde23 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:21 pm

MinnieMoose wrote:Then you haven't checked out today's yuts (I love "My Cousin Vinny" on dvd). Fuck, even adults today. They won't help you on the street, hit by a car or if you just trip and fall. Fuck, there was a store robbed last night and it took the cops 2 hours to show up. With an example such as this, and shit thrown in their faces from MTV and standardized education, I'm suprised they can even PRETEND to care about things other than themselves. But hey, we'll be able to shake our fists and go "arggghh!" when we're in the nursing home and we're all fucked over.
Come to SoCal...murder, rape, and robbery are all normal things in everyones daily life. Atleast here we have an excuse for not caring about someone getting raped in an alley, its normal for us to see that so we dont act on it!
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!

Return to “General Off Topic”