Akira Kurosawa

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Master Shake
Org Profile

Akira Kurosawa

Post by Master Shake » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:16 am

Last Friday Turner Classic Movies showed four classic Japanese samurai films, three of which were by director Akira Kurosawa “Seven Samurai,” “Yojimbo,” and “Throne of Blood.” I remember when I first saw “Seven Samurai” it was on late at night and the next day I had a test, but I couldn’t go to sleep until I saw then end of the film, which I think was at about 4 in the morning. Anyway does anyone else like Kurosawa’s films.

Gaikotsu
Org Profile

Post by Gaikotsu » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:51 am

I'm a big fan. It's been awhile since I've seen any of his movies, but I think my favorite was The Hidden Fortress. I've also seen Kagemusha, The Seven Samurai, and Rashoman, of which my university just did a live production not too long ago. Kurosawa was truly a great director.
Who knows what fires burn in the souls of others, or what burdens weigh upon their hearts?

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:00 am

The Seven Samurai will always be my favorite from him, I have to do a director project for film class over the next to weeks and was considering using him.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

DTJB
Org Profile

Post by DTJB » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:12 pm

Taped "Seven Samurai" when it was on. What I've seen so far is pretty decent. Need to finish the rest later this weekend.
Probably too busy to be here right now.

Kirbyoto
Org Profile

Post by Kirbyoto » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:00 pm

"The Seven Samurai" on DVD=Teh l337!

It's still one of my favorite movies.
You know what? I don't even care anymore.

Return to “General Off Topic”