People making new threads are the only reason I come here

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
TallonKarrde23
Org Profile

Post by TallonKarrde23 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:15 am

FFX-2 is GAY. Gayer then gay sex on top of a barn in china.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MEXICO
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!

Trident
Org Profile

Post by Trident » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:59 am

The Odyssey is actually pretty good, though it's one of those books that actually needs to be studied the first time--in a class setting, as long as your teacher is good, you actually pull out some of the less obvious details. It enhances the flavor, if you will.

Reading for the sake of reading is also a good thing, and I applaud anyone who reads classical novels for that purpose. Personally, I'm attempting to revive the tradition of a massive personal library... I haven't counted in a long time, but I know I've got over a hundred books, and it's probably closer to the 250-300 range... compared to most people, it's a lot, but compared to, say, a library, it's really not all that much...
"The dice of love are madness and turmoil."--Anakreon

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:15 pm

You've got more than me, I only have around 115 or so.
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

Farmboybob
Org Profile

Post by Farmboybob » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:24 pm

J-0080 wrote:You've got more than me, I only have around 115 or so.
You got more then me, I only have around 30 or so. Of course I work at a library and get books all the time. So I don't really have to buy books anymore, thus the small number of books I actually own. I probably have around 30 overdue library books right now.

Trident
Org Profile

Post by Trident » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:33 pm

I like owning my books because I have a tendency to reread them. Usually I have a fairly good idea if I'm going to like the book or not before I buy/read it anyway, so yeah. Plus I've gotten a ton as gifts. Plus I never sell back books that I have to read for class (well, not novels or anthologies, anyway), so that increases the size of my library considerably. It's not that I have anything against libraries; I just prefer personal ownership.
"The dice of love are madness and turmoil."--Anakreon

Return to “General Off Topic”