Favorite Movie Car Chases

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Vlad86
Org Profile

Favorite Movie Car Chases

Post by Vlad86 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:26 pm

What are some of you're favorite car chases?

Eleanor chase/Gone in 60 Seconds (the original 1974 vesrion with the '73 Mach 1 Mustang)
Lancer Evo IV vs. BMWs/Who AM I? (Jackie Chan)
Skyline GTR vs. FTO/Thunderbolt (Jackie Chan)
All the chases in Road Warrior and Mad Max
All the chases in the Terminator movies
'68 Mustang GT390 vs. Dodge Charger/Bullitt
'70 Challenger vs. alot of things/Vanishing Point (1971)
'70 Charger Custom vs. '95 Supra Custom/The Fast and the Furious (C'mon it had some redeming qualities)

I think of some more later...
The Big O will KILL you!

hyperchica11
Org Profile

Post by hyperchica11 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:10 pm

my favorite car chases are the only 2 i know (and one is more of a car race than a car chase)

the one from grease with john travolta

the one from matrix revolutions.
<b>a.k.a. cheelala</b>

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:18 pm

Peugeot chasing a bmw / Ronin. :o

The Hitokiri Battousai
Org Profile

Post by The Hitokiri Battousai » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:20 pm

the one in Fast and Furious with the big semi and the guys who try to hijack it. Im not big on cars and it almost killed me watching that movie. I just thought that was kinda cool.
She Said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:42 pm

The chase through SF's Chinatown in "Jade" :?

Vlad86
Org Profile

Post by Vlad86 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:27 am

Don't know if it counts, but that one scene with the APC crashing around the tunnel in Aliens

The Matrix Reloaded freeway sequence

The Cruella DeVille vs. the moving van/ animated 101 Dalmations :twisted: (I liked this one growing up)

Still thinking...

:bump:
The Big O will KILL you!

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:22 am

First off, no car chase is a good car chase if it isn't in San Francisco.

That being said, I nominate the car chase at the end of Foul Play.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

CliffD
Org Profile

Post by CliffD » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:01 pm

The car chase scene in "The Dead Pool." Clint Eastwood w/ partner in an unmarked police car VS. an RC Corvette model, loaded w/ plastique.

The chase scene in "Running Scared." Gregory Hines, Billy Crystal, and a priest and a nun in a disguised police car (a bullet-proof taxi) VS. Jimmy Smits in a limo w/ Uzis, that eventually winds up on the El tracks.

The chase scene in "What's Up Doc?" Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neal VS. LOTS of people (mostly in stolen cars or bicycles) throughout San Francisco (and Yes, they DO go down Lombard Street!), eventually ending IN the Bay.

The chase scene in "The Fifth Element." Bruce Willis and Milla Jojovich in a flying taxi VS. NYPD (and McDonalds) through the skyways of 23rd-Century New York.

And, I'm a little surprised NO ONE has nominated ANY of these so far:

BOTH car chase scenes in "The Blues Brothers." Jake and Elwood Blues in the newly-christened Bluesmobile (retired cop car) VS. Dozens of Cops (First chase IN a shopping mall; Second chase during the 104 miles to Chicago), with mass destruction of police cruisers in both instances. Second chase included the Good Ole Boys, and also a group of Illinois Nazis.
HELP!! I'm being held prisoner by CLAMP fans!! We Demand -- er, They Demand -- uh, OH, FORGET IT!! It's Fun Here!!

Master Shake
Org Profile

Post by Master Shake » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:50 pm

Maybe its not exactly a car chase, but the scene in the James Bond film “GoldenEye” where Bond drives a tank through the streets of Moscow is great.

StreetFuryX
Org Profile

Post by StreetFuryX » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:11 pm

The one in MI:2 wiht Tom Cruise and that other lady, her name escapes me. It's awesome how the cars did that spinning ballet-esque move! :P

Return to “General Off Topic”