GFX Con Hand Drawn Round 1: Otohiko vs Chaos Angel

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:21 am

Oto's. There's a lot more and still has that hippy-ish look. Hippies are taking over this thread.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:16 am

Whew, both excellent, but the excellent group feel to Otohiko's edges it ahead.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:28 pm

flint_the_dwarf wrote:Oto's. There's a lot more and still has that hippy-ish look. Hippies are taking over this thread.
Now lets all go burn our shoes, tye-die some shirts, listen to The Who, and eat "special" brownies. WE GONNA GET OUR PARTY ON LIKE IT'S 1979, YO!

-____-

Less caffiene would be good...
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:49 pm

And, sorry once again CA, I gotta vote for Otohiko...

10-0 :cry:

Its a shame to see you go down in round 1 CA, better luck next time... VOTING CLOSED!
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Farmboybob
Org Profile

Post by Farmboybob » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:52 pm

Hey Otohiko, that person on the far left of your picture (the one in plad, smoking and has glasses), if you cut the hair to ear length it would look alot like me. :D

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:53 pm

This really sucks though, Chaos' pic was better than quite a few I've seen in the other threads. :? Oh well, that's the luck of the draw I suppose.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:03 pm

Tis the way the adamantium crumbles, Flint.

And SSJ, I don't mind losing. Otohiko's drawing was nice. Now, if it had been something like a stick figure saying "VOTE FOR ME, BITCHES!!", and it won, I'd be miffed. But I ain't miffed at losing to the characterdesign-o-rama. Also, I think his shading was multitudes better than mine.

Course, mine was in pen, so I should have done an ink wash instead of the scribbly-crap for mid-tones, but that's my fault. Curse my hide. >__<

Congrats, Otohiko, and good luck in the next round. :D

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:58 am

Whoa :oops:

I feel embarassed :roll:

No, really, I think he deserved some votes, as his pic was mighty funky.

To take some air out of my wings - mine didn't take me as long as people might imagine - 2.5 hours of drawing & 1.5 of shading. It's really about half of what a semi-decent pic from me normally takes. I bleam the randomness. And I know nothing of ducks except a neat little scene featuring a multitude of them on my bedroom curtains...

And, drawing in pen? Mad props to you for that :lol: Something I would never attempt. I have extremely unsteady hands, and the eraser is by far my best friend. Good job Chaos.

So then, for next round, do I get a chance to draw a new pic? I'd like to attempt some improvement... :wink:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:15 am

Otohiko wrote:And, drawing in pen? Mad props to you for that :lol: Something I would never attempt. I have extremely unsteady hands, and the eraser is by far my best friend.
Yeah, well, I drew it in non-photo blue pencil first, and then traced it. :D

<Customer Guy from Chasing Amy> You're a fucking TRACER, man!!</CGfCA>

darkyre
Org Profile

Post by darkyre » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:16 am

while otohikos is good, i see some very awkward/lazy proportions in it, and some of the depth is a litle screwed up. some impressive looking styles, but it seemed very lazily made.

Return to “General Off Topic”