need serious advice/help/ fast, no joking matter.

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Vlad86
Org Profile

Post by Vlad86 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:36 pm

No, actually I'm not talking about a buick or a v-6, I'm talking about the inline 6-cylinder in Nissan's incredible Skyline GTR the RB26DETT, found in the R32-R34 model GTR Skylines (1989-2002).

And from what I've seen it can be tuned to over 1000hp and still be used on the street (depends on the country I guess) make sure you have realplayer and go here

There's more info, but I'm too lazy to look it all up now, but here's a good site for info.
And a site that imports Skylines to the U.S.
The Big O will KILL you!

Toecutter
Org Profile

Post by Toecutter » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:53 pm

Sure, you can still drive it on the street, but none of that 1000 hp is going to be anywhere near a practical powerband. These guys can drive them on the street because they'll probably be only using idle to 5,500 rpm, which with a turbocharged import OHC motor, won't produce more than 600 hp. That's the sacrifice made for 800+ hp motors, including American V8's. A supercharged or naturally aspirated motor with horsepower and torque closer to 5,000 to 6,000 rpm is far more effective, because there's more torque and horsepower at the lower revs.

Getting off the line faster than the other guy is far more important than having lots of horses at high speeds, because you can't put those horses to any good use. Even with a lower powerband, you could still achieve the same top speeds of 750+ hp cars, with the appropriate rear gear and overdrive transmission selection.
GoatMan
was here!

Return to “General Off Topic”