Hellboy Trailer?

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
rubyeye
Org Profile

Hellboy Trailer?

Post by rubyeye » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:15 pm

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/hellboy.html

Another comic book movie, but it's done by Guillermo del Toro (Blade II). Now I'm not keen on comic movies but it might be interesting. However, I know absolutely nothing about it, never even heard of it.
So, those of you who know Hellboy...does it look decent; is it faithful to the novel/comic. What the hell is it about anyway? It looks like X-Men with "real" mutant freaks.

Just curious.

Gaikotsu
Org Profile

Post by Gaikotsu » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:31 pm

I don't know a whole lot about it, but I saw a teaser awhile back. The plotline is basically: Hitler had an obsession with the occult. He tried conducting a ceremony to open the gates of hell, but got interrupted, and all that was summoned forth was Hellboy. I don't really know too much more about it, and what I've heard doesn't really raise my interest.
Who knows what fires burn in the souls of others, or what burdens weigh upon their hearts?

WarpedElements
Org Profile

Post by WarpedElements » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:35 pm

No no no no. Hitler had a secert org who worked on getting demonic shit done. They summoned hellboy who said "fuck you" and he left. Now he, an alien and a gal with pyrokensis all work as the government's "Occult Police" sorta things. His demonic powers include a large fist/hand (the other is human sized), a huge ass gun, and red skin. (he tore off his horns).

Gaikotsu
Org Profile

Post by Gaikotsu » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:37 pm

Okay, thanks for clarifying. The teaser I saw seemed geared toward people who were already fans, so it didn't explain a whole lot. It still doesn't strike me as something I'd be willing to spend $7 to go see though.
Who knows what fires burn in the souls of others, or what burdens weigh upon their hearts?

WarpedElements
Org Profile

Post by WarpedElements » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:57 pm

But...it has an alien named "Abe Sapien". And a hot british chick with fire powers. Isn't that great?

Farmboybob
Org Profile

Post by Farmboybob » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:40 pm

http://sonypictures.com/movies/hellboy/index.html

Go here for more info on the movie, is has a section with brief bios of all the major characters and a basic story outline.

Farmboybob
Org Profile

Post by Farmboybob » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:24 pm

**bump**

Hey I was wondering if anyone here could tell me the titles of the various songs used in the Hellboy trailer?
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pict ... edium.html
Go here if you need a reference. Thanks.

Return to “General Off Topic”