A glorious tradition... or is it?

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
OtakuOutpost
Org Profile

A glorious tradition... or is it?

Post by OtakuOutpost » Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:32 pm

It has recently come to my attention that there are a few people on this site who amuse themselves with the verbal graphic dismemberment of "n00bs". These people consider themselves to be staff members of the "n00b kitchen" - quaint name... yes it is.

While such a practice seems in it's own way oddly humorous, its attempt at humor is base at best. It seems these "n00b killers" feel so much greater than the poor people who cross this site that a verbal smiting is in order!

There are two "n00b killers" that have obtained status as the primary "n00b killers" or the "Grand Poo-Bahs" of the "n00b kitchen". I of course assume that it is their great deeds as AMV creators that give them this wonderful sense of superiority. I have taken it upon myself to look into the videos/reviews that they have contributed.

Of course I am referring to Silver Ogre and Wykith.

However a brief search of their profiles at the org yeilds interesting results...

Silver Ogre (user_id=57572):
What an upstanding member of the AMV community with a whole ZERO videos created. He's got a grand total of ZERO reviews written. In fact, he's never actually logged in to his accout at animemusicvideos dot org! I can see where he gets his experience from that allows him such awesome dismemberment skills!

Wykith (user_id=47667):
Wykith (aka Wykith Centauri), like his brother in arms Silver Ogre, also has made a whopping ZERO music videos. He's reviewed (guess how many!) ZERO videos also! He has a leg up on his brother in arms... he's at least logged in to his account! This quite frankly must be where he gets his "n00b" slaughtering skills!

Well, I for one am glad that such experienced/upstanding members of the AMV community are trashing our n00bies! Where would we be without these great symbols of our community to welcome our new comrades to the site?

--------------------------------

I know what you are going to say! "Why do this? It's only going to cause a flame war!" - Well, yeah... but the wonton attacks on people new to the site are being made by people who really are in no position to make such attacks. The exposure of these two heathons is worth the ensuing flame IMO.

Just bring it...

--Tony
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 459">Visit My Profile</a>
<a href="http://www.otakuoutpost.com">Otaku Outpost dot Com</a>

fyrtenheimer
Org Profile

Post by fyrtenheimer » Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:39 pm

I said the same thing forever now, not because I bitch a lot, BECAUSE I'M FUCKEN FYRT.

Wykith and Silver Ogre = the same person btw

Did you visit the n00b kitchen site?! It's soooo roxxors my soxxors, everyone has their own little title!! omg, totally the RAGE, totally FABOO

OtakuOutpost
Org Profile

Post by OtakuOutpost » Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:44 pm

fyrtenheimer wrote:
Wykith and Silver Ogre = the same person btw
Now why doesn't that surprise me?
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 459">Visit My Profile</a>
<a href="http://www.otakuoutpost.com">Otaku Outpost dot Com</a>

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:03 pm

Meh, most of the n00b eating takes place in the way off topic forums. Therefore it makes sense that its not AMV related. However, I agree that when a n00b makes a thread it its all about me, they should be welcomed, not eaten (unless they really, truely deserve it).
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

burntoast
Org Profile

Re: A glorious tradition... or is it?

Post by burntoast » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:13 pm

OtakuOutpost wrote:Silver Ogre (user_id=57572):
What an upstanding member of the AMV community with a whole ZERO videos created.

Wykith (aka Wykith Centauri), like his brother in arms Silver Ogre, also has made a whopping ZERO music videos.
even though u searched for silver ogre and wykith's vidz doesn't mean he hasn't (or they haven't) made any. i don't see the point behind this.. vidz which are listed in the site's database doesn't make anyone smarter, or able to get so called "n00b" slaughtering skills. i also have no idea how typing up reviews can allow someone to be good at flaming. :roll:

not everyone here loves n00bs. certainly, most of the ppl here (primarily veterans) flame them. if ur gonna pin down Wykith into a corner, why not do so with the others?

f.y.i. (i happen to help out n00bs 90% of the time, so i understand what ur trying to argue.)
"The only one to deprive you of happiness is yourself."

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:23 pm

keiichi87 wrote:
OtakuOutpost wrote:Silver Ogre (user_id=57572):
What an upstanding member of the AMV community with a whole ZERO videos created.

Wykith (aka Wykith Centauri), like his brother in arms Silver Ogre, also has made a whopping ZERO music videos.
even though u searched for silver ogre and wykith's vidz doesn't mean he hasn't (or they haven't) made any. i don't see the point behind this.. vidz which are listed in the site's database doesn't make anyone smarter, or able to get so called "n00b" slaughtering skills. i also have no idea how typing up reviews can allow someone to be good at flaming. :roll:

not everyone here loves n00bs. certainly, most of the ppl here (primarily veterans) flame them. if ur gonna pin down Wykith into a corner, why not do so with the others?

f.y.i. (i happen to help out n00bs 90% of the time, so i understand what ur trying to argue.)
OtakuOutpost is saying that they don't contribute to the AMV community whom this message board exists in the first place.

And I help out noobs whenever I can unless they trash talk but that isn't the point...

gadoo
Org Profile

Post by gadoo » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:33 pm

I personally couldn't care less

I havn't helped any noobs cause I'm sort of a noob myself

El Banana
Org Profile

Post by El Banana » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:39 pm

You're only a noob if you act like one. And when people do stupid things, I think it's fun to poke at 'em. I usually help 'em and poke at em, depending on my mood.
I like bugging people. Deal with it.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Re: A glorious tradition... or is it?

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:44 pm

OtakuOutpost wrote: I know what you are going to say! "Why do this? It's only going to cause a flame war!" - Well, yeah... but the wonton attacks on people new to the site are being made by people who really are in no position to make such attacks. The exposure of these two heathons is worth the ensuing flame IMO.

Just bring it...

--Tony
I think you take things too personally. :|

El Banana
Org Profile

Post by El Banana » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:49 pm

Waaaay too personally.

And if you take the noob eating as an insult, even more so. It's cute, in a really stoopit sorta way.
I like bugging people. Deal with it.

Return to “General Off Topic”