Toonami's death???

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
DashoutriderII
Org Profile

Post by DashoutriderII » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:18 pm

wow learn something new everyday....I shall write my local congressman stating that he should make this all anime network a basic platform which he can use to garner more support from the young'uns, or maybe I'll just watch some TV to show my gratitude...

...Big O2 sounds like some new atomic weapon......
Sig generously made and courtiously hosted by darkyre...thnx

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:26 pm

Cripes why worry about what they show on tv. Download or buy the stuff.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:49 pm

Downloading anime makes baby Jesus cry :cry:

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:56 am

LOl cry you son of a whore.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:32 am

DashoutriderII wrote:...Big O2 sounds like some new atomic weapon......
It just sounds like a girl spending an hour and a half in the bathtub for the second time... :o
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:37 am

Cencorship is going to be dificult for them, especial considering that the cencorship in japan is worse here. Look at macross plus and evangelion for instance . perfect examples of what I am talking about. They cannot cencor what isn't there, but there is nudity all the same.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:20 pm

put it this way, its its own network, if its its own network they can show whatever they can show whatever they want. at lest thats how i think of it (they better show kenshin on that channel :evil: )

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:39 pm

Ok, to clarify this, cable is regulated by the FCC just like network tv, except that basic cable is set to a looser standard (I.e. you can say "Shit" on cable past ten pm.). now pay channels are a whole different animal, this being why Cinemax can show full nudity, where cable can only show partial nudity, and the networks can barely show anything.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

imadude
Org Profile

Post by imadude » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:53 am

dies anyone knoiw if anime network has a website and when its gonna start

Paperskunk
Org Profile

Post by Paperskunk » Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:07 pm

Where did you hear of this so called Anime Network. Are you guys serious? That would be awesome.
Bring the OT forum back!

Far From Perfect - My latest

Return to “General Off Topic”