Best Character Profile Nominations

Nominate and vote on all your favorite videos from 2022!
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Best Character Profile Nominations

Post by Kireblue » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:48 am

PerkyPastry wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:39 am
Kireblue wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:16 pm
Unfortunately, This AMV is not eligible to participate in this year's VCAs due to it premiering on Jan 1, 2023
It premiered publically on November 9th, 2022 as part of Round 1 of Project Org Editor. During the 2021 VCAs similar allowances were made for videos that premiered in 2020's Project Org Editor before the year was over but were uploaded after the new year began, so long as they were uploaded by the creator before the VCA nominations began (and there may have been a clause about the content of the upload being virtually the same as when it premiered, I'm not certain) . If you'd like me to link examples of these videos from the 2021 VCAs that were allowed or statements from VCA organizers confirming their allowance, please let me know.
For the purpose of the VCAs, convention screenings, and private online distribution no longer count as premieres.
Kireblue wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:42 am
What can compete?
All fan-made Anime Music Videos that first premiered online in 2022 are eligible to participate in the VCAs (even videos that aren't cataloged on A-M-V.org).

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:48 am

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Post by PerkyPastry » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:04 am

Kireblue wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:48 am
PerkyPastry wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:39 am
Kireblue wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:16 pm
Unfortunately, This AMV is not eligible to participate in this year's VCAs due to it premiering on Jan 1, 2023
It premiered publically on November 9th, 2022 as part of Round 1 of Project Org Editor. During the 2021 VCAs similar allowances were made for videos that premiered in 2020's Project Org Editor before the year was over but were uploaded after the new year began, so long as they were uploaded by the creator before the VCA nominations began (and there may have been a clause about the content of the upload being virtually the same as when it premiered, I'm not certain) . If you'd like me to link examples of these videos from the 2021 VCAs that were allowed or statements from VCA organizers confirming their allowance, please let me know.
For the purpose of the VCAs, convention screenings, and private online distribution no longer count as premieres.
Kireblue wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:42 am
What can compete?
All fan-made Anime Music Videos that first premiered online in 2022 are eligible to participate in the VCAs (even videos that aren't cataloged on A-M-V.org).
The stream of Round 1 on November 9th 2022 was posted publicly on the AMVOrg Youtube channel. It wasn’t a private event that only people participating in the contest could see. People of the general public who weren’t involved with POE at all were able to (and did) watch it, therefore it was a public online premiere and not “private online distribution”. Nothing from what you’ve quoted in the rules disagrees with this.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:05 am

PerkyPastry wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:04 am
The stream of Round 1 on November 9th 2022 was posted publicly on the AMVOrg Youtube channel. It wasn’t a private event that only people participating in the contest could see. People of the general public who weren’t involved with POE at all were able to (and did) watch it, therefore it was a public online premiere and not “private online distribution”. Nothing from what you’ve quoted in the rules disagrees with this.
The POE videos were streamed as a group and immediately deleted once it was over. Also, I don't feel that POE should be able to count as an official premiere of a video (especially since many of the videos that were not immediately uploaded by the editor underwent improvements and changes). Lastly, giving exceptions to the premiere/ upload rule on a case-by-case basis would require that I keep track of all the videos that were given this exception and remember to DQ them the following year if they got nominated again. So for simplicity, only individual and uploads of videos will count as premieres, and exceptions will not be made for contest streams.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:22 pm

Koneko
Org Profile

Post by Koneko » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:24 pm

I think this goes here

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Post by SailorTardis » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:30 pm

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:05 am

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:16 am

The decision to exclude POE videos has been reversed, and so I'm adding this to my nominations

Magnetsphere
Org Profile

Post by Magnetsphere » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:31 am

Return to “2023 Viewers' Choice Awards”