2021 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: 2021 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:25 am

Turbo wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:48 am
I think these videos don't fall in any category?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVv7QWeXPak

or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPeNHhro3u4
I think the first one could fit in Storytelling, Drama, and Instrumental (since dialogue isn't counted as lyrics)

and the 2nd one could fit in drama or action

Turbo
is actually Jesus
Org Profile

Post by Turbo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:11 am

I mean any games are acceptable? As I remember there was limit on Japanesse only.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:35 pm

Turbo wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:11 am
I mean any games are acceptable? As I remember there was limit on Japanesse only.
That was the rule in the past, but the VCAs have gotten more and more inclusive every year. So now all forms of animation is allowed (which includes CG and video games) :D
Kireblue wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:22 pm
What can compete?
All fan-made Anime Music Videos that first premiered online in 2020 are eligible to participate in the VCAs (even videos that aren't cataloged on A-M-V.org). Traditionally, the A-M-V.org VCAs have been exclusive to fan-made music videos that primarily use animation from Japan, but in recent years, we've decided to open the competition up to all forms of animation. And to have even more inclusiveness we're adding a "Best Use of Live Action Source" category that will recognize fan-made music videos that use Live Action movies and shows.

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Post by PerkyPastry » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:52 pm

Maybe not this year, but I think it would be cool to have a "Retro" category for vids that use older sources

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:14 pm

PerkyPastry wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:52 pm
Maybe not this year, but I think it would be cool to have a "Retro" category for vids that use older sources
I actually considered that as well. One of the ideas that I was thinking about was having a bonus category that gets voted on and changes each year. For example, the bonus category could be "Best Retro" one year, and "Best Mood" the next.

tko03isaneditor
Org Profile

Post by tko03isaneditor » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:29 pm

if I had a dollar for every time I had a VCA nominated video, I'd have $8. Which isn't a lot but it's still weird that it happened 8 times.

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Kire, what if there was an AMV that made about two years ago, but was never posted on YouTube till 2020? Does that still count?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Silent Hero Studios wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:04 pm
Kire, what if there was an AMV that made about two years ago, but was never posted on YouTube till 2020? Does that still count?
If the first time it was posted was in 2020 and it wasn't available to view anywhere online till then, then it would count.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:49 pm

Round 1 voting has officially begun!
Spoiler :
To vote, you simply need to be logged into a google account (Youtube, Gmail, Google Drive, etc), and the voting form will use your profile to anonymously submit your responses. You're also able to go back to the form as many times as you like to update or change your vote. As long as you click the "SUBMIT" button, your responses will be recorded and remembered if you need to edit them later. Voting will end on February 27th at 11:59 PM EST

We're also rolling out AMVawards.org! This new site will help us manage the VCAs and also serve as an archive for AMV contest results.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:48 pm

The Round 1 votes have been counted......
and so the 2021 VCA Semifinals can now begin!
Spoiler :
To vote, you simply need to be logged into a google account (Youtube, Gmail, Google Drive, etc), and the voting form will use your profile to anonymously submit your responses. You're also able to go back to the form as many times as you like to update or change your vote. As long as you click the "SUBMIT" button, your responses will be recorded and remembered if you need to edit them later.

All Semifinalists

Return to “2021 Viewers' Choice Awards”