2021 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

2021 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:22 pm

What are the VCAs?
The A-M-V.org Viewers Choice Awards is an annual opportunity to showcase and acknowledge the videos that stand out above the rest. It's a way for everyone who enjoys anime music videos to say “Thank you” to the creators that went out of their way to put the extra effort of creating a video that is truly exceptional. And so every year, we let the community vote on what videos they thought were the very best from the previous year. There are awards for Best Action, Most Artistic, Editor of the Year, and many more! If you want to see what has won in previous VCAs you can go here and click through the years! and more!

What can compete?
All fan-made Anime Music Videos that first premiered online in 2020 are eligible to participate in the VCAs (even videos that aren't cataloged on A-M-V.org). Traditionally, the A-M-V.org VCAs have been exclusive to fan-made music videos that primarily use animation from Japan, but in recent years, we've decided to open the competition up to all forms of animation. And to have even more inclusiveness we're adding a "Best Use of Live Action Source" category that will recognize fan-made music videos that use Live Action movies and shows.

How do I nominate videos?
To nominate a video, simply post a link to it in a nomination thread that you feel it is eligible for. The moderation team will then auto nominate that video for every other category that we feel it fits in. When posting a link to a video, the original YouTube upload is highly preferred. Also, please ensure that the video first premiered in 2020.

How do I vote?
Once the Nomination period is over, all nominated videos will then be added to a google form. To vote, you simply need to be logged into a google account (Youtube, Gmail, Google Drive, etc), and the voting form will use your profile to anonymously submit your responses. You're also able to go back to the form as many times as you like to update or change your vote. As long as you click the "SUBMIT" button, your responses will be recorded and remembered if you need to edit them later.

You can use the google sheet links in each of the nomination threads to watch whatever videos were nominated for that category. To make finding videos as easy as possible, the document contains separate sheets sorted by each category. If you notice that a video is missing from the sheet or voting list, please let us know as soon as possible.

Nomination Categories
Videos must be nominated for these categories in order to be eligible for Round 1 voting
  • Best Action, Most Artistic, Best Character Profile, Best Comedy, Best Drama, Best Fun, Best Horror, Most Original, Best Parody or Commercial, Best Romance, Best Rhythm & Dance, Best Sentimental, Best Short, Best Use of Instrumental Music, Best Use of Live Action Source, Best Use of Multiple Sources, Best Use of Special Effects, Best Storytelling, Best Trailer
Non-nomination Categories
All videos and editors nominated for any category will be automatically eligible for Round 1 voting
  • Video of the Year
  • Editor of the Year
VCA Schedule
Nominations: 02/01 - 02/13
Round 1 Voting: 02/15 - 02/27
Round 2 Voting: 03/01 - 03/12
Final Round Voting: 03/13 - 03/22

LIVE Stream of Results: 03/25 @ 9PM EST

All rounds will end on the scheduled day at 11:59pm EST.

TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
Org Profile

Re: 2021 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by TritioAFB » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:27 pm

Videos premiered in 2019 and both videos premiered in 2020?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:34 pm

TritioAFB wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:27 pm
Videos premiered in 2019 and both videos premiered in 2020?
tis was a typo :sweat:

TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
Org Profile

Post by TritioAFB » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:43 pm

ah ok. I was thinking that the 2020 VCAs were missed or something

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:19 am

The Shameless Self-Promotion thread is now unlocked! |:>

So feel free to start posting all the videos that you made last year
Nomination threads will unlock on Monday, February 1st

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:34 am

The Nomination Threads have been unlocked!
You're now able to start posting all of your favorite AMVs that premiered in 2020. The nomination period will end at 11:59 pm EST on Saturday, February 13th.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:16 am

Question regarding VCAs: If I made and released a vid in 2020 but then slightly modified it this year for submitting to cons, can I only promote the version that came out in 2020?

Also, can anything that was submitted to POE in a rough state and then officially published this year after being reworked/completed be eligible for the next VCAs?
my official ruling will be that a video that initially premiered in 2020, can have it's updated version participate in this year's VCAs as long as the 2nd version was uploaded before the start of nominations (February 1st, 2021)

and in terms of Project Org Editor videos, if the updated version premieres/ premiered after February 1st, 2021, it will be eligible for next year's VCAs as long it's not identical to the version that premiered during POE.

Also, if a video premiered in 2020 during an online event like POE, but was never officially uploaded or cataloged by the editor till 2021, they will be able to participate in this year's VCAs as long as they create a org catalog entry for their video and back date it for 2020

Turbo
is actually Jesus
Org Profile

Post by Turbo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:48 am

I propose to add "Best Game Music Video (GMV)" category.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:38 am

Turbo wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:48 am
I propose to add "Best Game Music Video (GMV)" category.
Thanks for the suggestion, but since we now allow all forms of animation, GMVs are already able to participate in every other category. So I don't think I'd want to make one just for them. We made the Live Action category this year because they're excluded from all the others.

Turbo
is actually Jesus
Org Profile

Post by Turbo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:48 am

I think these videos don't fall in any category?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVv7QWeXPak

or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPeNHhro3u4

Return to “2021 Viewers' Choice Awards”