Where can we send the non-anime?

Rorschach
Org Profile

Where can we send the non-anime?

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:47 pm

In response to inquiries, several have mentioned that there are sites for the non-anime videos. Very well, where are they? Google searches thus far have proved fruitless. Does anyone know where I can exile the links for my legacy non-anime music videos before I delete their entries from the catalogue?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:06 pm

There is no equivalent of this site but for live action videos, or at least there isn't yet.

At the moment people get their own hosting for their videos and advertise them on their own website, on websites dedicated to that fandom, on the vidding livejournal community or on the yahoo groups mailing list. There is a database of videos being planned (see the livejournal community vidding_archive) but it is a long way from fruition.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:20 pm

...which, as one should remember, doesn't constitute a justification for listing one's non-anime videos here.

What types of videos are you looking to list, anyway? Usually the best route is to go to the fan-community of whatever it is you're using for footage, and perhaps looking to promote it there. A lot of game fan communities often have listings of videos; I'm sure it's the same with cartoons, or movies, or whatever else you might be using.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Rorschach
Org Profile

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:27 pm

Otohiko wrote:...which, as one should remember, doesn't constitute a justification for listing one's non-anime videos here.
No need to be snippy about it. I listed those videos long before any of the rules against such things were enacted, so I think of them as being under a kind of grandfather clause. I do have in mind to send the links where they'll be better appreciated, however.
Otohiko wrote:What types of videos are you looking to list, anyway? Usually the best route is to go to the fan-community of whatever it is you're using for footage, and perhaps looking to promote it there. A lot of game fan communities often have listings of videos; I'm sure it's the same with cartoons, or movies, or whatever else you might be using.
Since I'm thinking I may as well retire my 9/11 tribute, the video in question is my piece done to Steven Spielberg and Stanley Kubrick's AI: Artificial Intelligence. I don't know of any specific fan community that exists for this movie, but I seemed to recall there was a place that catered to movie music videos in general. I can't seem to find it again, though, so I was hoping somebody else might know where it is.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:50 pm

Actually, do note that I'm not snippy. The rules were always this way, I believe, just that they weren't enforced properly before.

Well, good luck in finding that community - if you are anyone else do, please share. I'd like to know, in case I decide to make something live-action...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:21 pm

Starting points:

Yahoo Groups mailing list

LJ Community

Both of these are general-interest / not confined to one particular fandom.

I don't make them, and probably never will now, but I watch them. Normally I think people get their own hosting and post links to lists/groups just to publicize them. (y'know, the way AMVing used to be, in the dark ages. ;))

It'll be like traveling in another country, though. Please be courteous.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:57 pm

www.ifilm.com

The site has multiple categories, your video should post no problems whatsoever, although I'm not sure about formats.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”