Temporary Edit Button?

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Temporary Edit Button?

Post by dokool » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:49 pm

I don't recall this ever having been mentioned as a solution... is there a way to make the edit button work for a certain period of time in phpBB? On another forum I'm on (They run on DCForum, I believe), they allow you to edit your post for up to 15 minutes after you make it, and then the post is locked. Would cut down on double-post corrections and those types of things.

Not that I want to keep beating the dead horse or anything.

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:05 am

Good idea. It will solve problems when people screw up thier posts and dont realise it till they've submited it.

And it'l bring up a whole bunch of threads by n00bs asking why they cant edit thier posts anymore :P

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:12 am

bum wrote:Good idea. It will solve problems when people screw up thier posts and dont realise it till they've submited it.
For this purpose, I suggest using the Preview button before clicking submit. It's like an automatic edit button!

Brsrk
Org Profile

Post by Brsrk » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:56 pm

BogoSort wrote:
bum wrote:Good idea. It will solve problems when people screw up thier posts and dont realise it till they've submited it.
For this purpose, I suggest using the Preview button before clicking submit. It's like an automatic edit button!
Just in a different spot!
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:32 pm

BogoSort wrote:
Maybe we should suggest renaming the "preview" button to "edit" :P

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:22 am

Lol! Good idea :¬ \
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:31 pm

It would be great if you figured out a way to code this 15 minute edit time.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/index.php

?
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Zero
Org Profile

Post by Zero » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:23 pm

Lyrs has got a point. While the idea is possible, it's impratical for the amount of work that has to be done. First, you'd have to enable editing, then you'd have to create a time script then a block execution script. More work than it's worth. Stick to the preview button for now.

-Zero
Phade wrote:(I've actually promised to spend some time with my wife now. It's "happy Friday time".)

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:22 pm

Zero Serenity wrote:Lyrs has got a point. While the idea is possible, it's impratical for the amount of work that has to be done. First, you'd have to enable editing, then you'd have to create a time script then a block execution script. More work than it's worth. Stick to the preview button for now.

-Zero
Not really -- it's just a comparison of post creation time vs. localtime()

Zero
Org Profile

Post by Zero » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:22 am

I guess your right. But programing the trigger would be weird. I mean, you'd have to know PHPBB inside and out and probably better than the guys who made it.

-Zero
Phade wrote:(I've actually promised to spend some time with my wife now. It's "happy Friday time".)

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”