Uploading Missing Videos

Albel_the_Wicked
Org Profile

Uploading Missing Videos

Post by Albel_the_Wicked » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:58 am

Hello, I apologize if this is not the appropriate way to ask for help.

I've been going on a nostalgia-powered frenzy lately, trying to rewatch the old MVs of my youth, and I noticed that I have at least a few videos that are not available for download. Either the Direct link is dead, or no video was ever uploaded.

Is it possible to upload those missing videos, or is that in violation of some rule or policy? (I dunno, maybe the creators didn't want them uploaded?).

Thank you.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Uploading Missing Videos

Post by Kireblue » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:02 am

Albel_the_Wicked wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:58 am
Hello, I apologize if this is not the appropriate way to ask for help.

I've been going on a nostalgia-powered frenzy lately, trying to rewatch the old MVs of my youth, and I noticed that I have at least a few videos that are not available for download. Either the Direct link is dead, or no video was ever uploaded.

Is it possible to upload those missing videos, or is that in violation of some rule or policy? (I dunno, maybe the creators didn't want them uploaded?).

Thank you.
A long time ago, we did have a few proxy accounts that uploaded videos on behalf of other editors, but that's not really a thing that we do anymore or encourage.

Albel_the_Wicked
Org Profile

Post by Albel_the_Wicked » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:53 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:02 am
A long time ago, we did have a few proxy accounts that uploaded videos on behalf of other editors, but that's not really a thing that we do anymore or encourage.
Thanks for the answer!

I just had a small collection of videos which I thought would be shame for them to become increasingly unavailable as time marches on (some MVs from Aluminum Studios, Pen Pen Studio's Bloody Sunday, the original 99 Eva Luft Balloons), but I guess I'll just hope that CDs are a durable storage medium. (Almost 20 years now!)

Thanks for being around for so long and providing such a wonderful service! I went on a huge downloading binge trying to rebuild my collection before I remembered where I stored the ol' CD-Rs.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:17 am

I suggest google drive and listing them in case someone is looking for them in the future : P
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”