Having to review your own video

Bean780
Org Profile

Having to review your own video

Post by Bean780 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:14 pm

Hi, I understand wanting people to review videos but basically forcing people to review their own video sometimes multiple time makes reviews pointless. I just want to see my videos on my phone or after my amv gets wiped from my computer. Sometimes it can not leed to have other peoples videos multiple times, if you do not still have the download from the first time. Like if to see it on a different device or a few years later. I think (definitely the reviewing yourself part) I still feel guilty that I reviewed my own video, and since I download it at least twice, it still says on my page that I am supposed to rate it again. Do I not have the right to download my video cheating on my ratings. This needs to be noticed. You have to recognise that the same name on the video is the same name of the account, or make a place for authors to download there videos separate.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Having to review your own video

Post by Kireblue » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:38 pm

Bean780 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:14 pm
Hi, I understand wanting people to review videos but basically forcing people to review their own video sometimes multiple time makes reviews pointless. I just want to see my videos on my phone or after my amv gets wiped from my computer. Sometimes it can not leed to have other peoples videos multiple times, if you do not still have the download from the first time. Like if to see it on a different device or a few years later. I think (definitely the reviewing yourself part) I still feel guilty that I reviewed my own video, and since I download it at least twice, it still says on my page that I am supposed to rate it again. Do I not have the right to download my video cheating on my ratings. This needs to be noticed. You have to recognise that the same name on the video is the same name of the account, or make a place for authors to download there videos separate.
The site will never ask you to review a video multiple times regardless of what device you watch it on. If you ever see the rating scale come up for a video you've already rated, then that means that you didn't actually click the submit button the first time. Either that or you're logging in from a different account.

Bean780
Org Profile

Post by Bean780 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:21 pm

I download the video more than once (2 times). Particularly my own video. It listed rating it one time per download. And you still did not mention have to review in your own video and how you might be biased yourself if you have made a video yourself, makeing yourself not the best judge to review your video. Thanks for responding so fast.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:15 am

Bean780 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:21 pm
I download the video more than once (2 times). Particularly my own video. It listed rating it one time per download. And you still did not mention have to review in your own video and how you might be biased yourself if you have made a video yourself, makeing yourself not the best judge to review your video. Thanks for responding so fast.
If you're seeing a message saying that you've rated a video twice, can you post a screenshot of it? I've been using this site for a very long time and I've never heard of that happening.

And in terms of you being biased, it's not really an issue IMO. The small boost that you might get from rating your video higher than everyone else gets averaged out with even just a handful of votes. And since everyone is able to rate their own video a single time, it's not really unfair to anyone

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”