Can't embed youtube video

Nightbreak
Org Profile

Can't embed youtube video

Post by Nightbreak » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Struggling to embed a youtube video in my post, please could a mod help -> viewtopic.php?f=37&t=130253 thanks!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Can't embed youtube video

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Nightbreak wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:03 pm
Struggling to embed a youtube video in my post, please could a mod help -> viewtopic.php?f=37&t=130253 thanks!
Kireblue wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:56 pm
Q: How do I embed a youtube/ vimeo video into my post?

To embed a youtube or vimeo video, you must take the end of the url path (usually the portion that follows the "=" or final "/" character), and enclose it into [youtube][/youtube] or [vimeo][/vimeo] respectively.

For example: To embed the video associated with the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0, you must enclose the fzQ6gRAEoy0 portion of the url. To avoid typing [youtube][/youtube] manually, you can simply highlight fzQ6gRAEoy0 and press the youtube button near the top of the reply field. The same thing also applies to the vimeo button respectively. The result will look like this:

Code: Select all

[youtube]fzQ6gRAEoy0[/youtube]

To embed a youtube playlist, you'd need to use the "playlist" tag instead of the standard "youtube" tag, and paste the playlist ID path inside it.

So to embed the following playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpNngMlvvJQ-iOPlm9JnbWobS48pg9TPC, you will need to do the following

Code

Code: Select all

[playlist]PLpNngMlvvJQ-iOPlm9JnbWobS48pg9TPC[/playlist]
Result

Nightbreak
Org Profile

Re: Can't embed youtube video

Post by Nightbreak » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks for the response, I've got it now :)

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”