How do i get people to watch my AMV's

Dellsimkin
Org Profile

How do i get people to watch my AMV's

Post by Dellsimkin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 am

I read, and read, and read. Then finally I figured out how to upload. But, after more reading I. Still don't know how to let/get anyone to know that I put a new video out to view. Two years trying this and I found this frustrating. In short words any help would be much appreciated. I have read this whole site multiple times for 3 years and my memory can't hold every single thing. Please someone just tell me how to "air" a new AMV. So, maybe at least one person will watch it

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: How do i get people to watch my AMV's

Post by Kireblue » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:49 am

Dellsimkin wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 am
I read, and read, and read. Then finally I figured out how to upload. But, after more reading I. Still don't know how to let/get anyone to know that I put a new video out to view. Two years trying this and I found this frustrating. In short words any help would be much appreciated. I have read this whole site multiple times for 3 years and my memory can't hold every single thing. Please someone just tell me how to "air" a new AMV. So, maybe at least one person will watch it
This site doesn't have subscription options like Youtube, but you are able to announce new videos in the "AMV Announcement forum". Besides from that, the only other way people see that someone made a new vid is by looking through the "new vid on the block" tab on the main page. To be completely honest with you though, you should consider giving your videos more unique titles. Titles like "Fairy Tail, Natsu's Fight Mix Up", "Fairy Tail Mirajane - Pain By Aerion" and other variations of Anime Mix + Song title are ususally signs of low effort/ quality videos that people tend to skip over. That's just what happens when you have thousands of videos to choose from. You watch the ones that sound the most interesting.

Original Post: Site FAQ - Videos - Forum
Kireblue wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:16 am

Q: How do I announce a video?

In order to post/ announce a AMV you must first add it to the video catalog. Once you successfully do this, you will then be able to create an announcement thread for it here.

Please make sure that you also check out the “AMV Announcements Etiquette” thread in order to know the rules and guidelines for announcing your video here.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: How do i get people to watch my AMV's

Post by Scintilla » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:40 pm

In addition to what Kireblue said about the Org specifically, I always tell people that sending your AMVs to AMV contests at conventions is a really great way to get them noticed. Con-goers still regularly take home AMV contest ballots so that they can look up their favorites and rewatch them when they get home.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”