Searching AMVs by Star Rating and/or Hit Count?

tsuzukuu
Org Profile

Searching AMVs by Star Rating and/or Hit Count?

Post by tsuzukuu » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:34 pm

hey guys, I've been a long time user (and donator) of a-m-v.org. It's been my best resource for AMVs for years and I used to update myself twice a year or more but recently life got busy and I actually have been away for around 2 years! I came back to find out what AMVs I've missed in that time but the search feature doesn't give much help. Is there any way to search based on star rating or the hit count? For example, if I'm only interested in AMVs from 2016 to present that have a star rating of at least 3... is there a way to search for that?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Searching AMVs by Star Rating and/or Hit Count?

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:36 am

The super search function has those features, but from what I understand, not enough videos have been getting star votes in order to produce good results from that filter https://www.animemusicvideos.org/search/supersearch.php

I personally find the VCA page to be the best place to see what came out in a particular year. If you're looking for 2016 videos, here is the VCA finalists from last year. https://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/amvvca/2017/ . And you can see all the years here: https://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/amvvca/

tsuzukuu
Org Profile

Post by tsuzukuu » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:26 am

Ok, I've searched the search page (there's a joke there somewhere lol) and I might just be dense but I don't see anywhere where I can choose star rating or hit count for the search.

Thanks for the VCA page.. that's definitely a good place to check out!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:01 am

tsuzukuu wrote:Ok, I've searched the search page (there's a joke there somewhere lol) and I might just be dense but I don't see anywhere where I can choose star rating or hit count for the search.

Thanks for the VCA page.. that's definitely a good place to check out!
Oh, that's because the advanced search options are a donor feature. I keep forgetting that. So if you donation status expires after a year, then you'll just have the basic search filters. But like I said earlier, some of those filters haven't been working properly recently. I think that we (the moderators) need to look into changing how that's conducted.

tsuzukuu
Org Profile

Post by tsuzukuu » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:47 am

(I know its been a long time for a reply; work got busy). Ah! Donor status makes sense. My status expired and I was waiting for my new donation to take effect so I didn't see the star search options. Now I do. :) Sucks that you're saying that they're not useful though. Guess I'll just see what I can find and focus on that VCA page too.

Thanks again Kireblue for taking the time to reply to my questions! :D

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”