FTP Upload issue

Shinta Kakumei
Org Profile

FTP Upload issue

Post by Shinta Kakumei » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm trying to upload a video on Filezilla, and I keep getting the error message: "Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity" and "Could not connect to server". I've double-checked and retyped the host, username and password, and allowed it through my firewall. Is this an issue with the server, or my connection?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: FTP Upload issue

Post by Kireblue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Are you getting the error message after you start uploading your file? If so, then its probably larger than the file size limit of 150Mb

If you're getting errors before your upload even starts or connects, can you use the copy link and quick connect option and see if you're still getting messages? Here is a video guide of it being done that way https://youtu.be/8fqnI-XmWuQ?t=326

Shinta Kakumei
Org Profile

Post by Shinta Kakumei » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:52 pm

The error message comes when I'm trying to connect to the server, before I even get to uploading the file. I tried typing everything in myself, copy/pasting it all, and copying just the link over like in the video, but always the same thing. It says "Connecting to [long string of numbers]" and then this displays:
"Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server"
It'll retry, saying "resolving address", and then time out again.

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:47 pm

Actually, I'm having some major issues with this as well, and it's basically the same problem. Except I'm also getting a "connection insecure: cannot use FTP or (some other acronym)". Now first of all, why is that? That does not make any sense. Secondly, i'm getting like "...after 38 seconds..." Lastly, I tried uploading this at my town library so I understand the "connection insecure" issue there, but right now, i'm at my Grandmother's house, she has Xfinity (it's a "Triple Play" plan I think, and that obviously includes internet) which does require a password to be entered in order to use the Wifi, so there is no possible way that the connection could be "insecure", so i'm really at a loss at what could possibly be the problem. Please let me know what the problem is and fix it or at least, tell me how I can fix it on my end, because I really want to upload this video (and my other one as well) so please do whatever you can to fix this. Thank you, and one final note, i'm going to work on a Comedy AMV that I am absolutely sure that you guys are going to love. It should be done by the end of the week or so, so I want by that time for this problem to be fixed, because I really want to be able to upload that video by that time.

Ok, take care and good night my fellow east coasters. lol
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- ) (https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Wed May 03, 2017 8:56 pm

yea im also getting the same problem but for me it says "denied: quota exceeded" but i paid for the 300 MB limit most my videos rarely gos over 250 so whats the issue here i got lots of videos to post from the year before when i didnt have the net this shit isnt right

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Wed May 03, 2017 9:49 pm

after re trying again i think filezilla is having a problem with the new server because it says insecure server which means its the orgs server not us
why do i say this because i just uploaded a video "Triage X" which was fine but i had a problem before that one and now again after that one so
i think its the orgs new server they changed to is having problems with filezilla so i switched my FTP to "CoreFTP LE" http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... client.htm

filezilla just updated and i think it now has a limit of what you can upload,

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:04 am

ClaudiusValentine wrote:after re trying again i think filezilla is having a problem with the new server because it says insecure server which means its the orgs server not us
why do i say this because i just uploaded a video "Triage X" which was fine but i had a problem before that one and now again after that one so
i think its the orgs new server they changed to is having problems with filezilla so i switched my FTP to "CoreFTP LE" http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... client.htm

filezilla just updated and i think it now has a limit of what you can upload,
You know what? I never actually thought about that, but I was using Filezilla too, and like I said before, I was also getting the same kind of problems. But I will try that program myself and see if that will solve the problem. Thank you for the suggestion and I'm glad that somebody on here was able to answer my question. Ok, take care.
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- ) (https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”