Previews down again

AMVLady
Org Profile

Previews down again

Post by AMVLady » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:53 pm

As I look for AMVs for a local Anime club, I usually use the previews to see if I would like the video, but for the past month or so, the previews are down, :?: :oops: so if there is anyone who can get the previews up and running, I would be grateful.

The previous time it happened, it started on May 8 and finished on May 14, the thing is that this around it has been, as I said in my intro, it seems to be a month, so please can someone fix it up.

Thanks.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Previews down again

Post by Kireblue » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:44 pm

I apologize that restoring previews is taking so long. About a month ago, we switched to a brand new server, and we hadn't properly prepared for it. And so its taking longer than expected to restore all the site features. And unfortunately, I'm not sure when the last stages of the transition will be completed.

A lot of editors use the direct link feature of the site to post the youtube upload of their video. And so that might be useful to you in terms of being able to watch the video before you download it. Once again, sorry the inconvenience.

AMVLady
Org Profile

Post by AMVLady » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:49 am

That is ok, I just wanted to know what was going on, hopefully the previews will be up soon.

AMVLady
Org Profile

Post by AMVLady » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm

I had checked out to see if the previews are up and running, but from what I could see, no such luck. If it is possible can you tell me when the previews are up and running. Thanks.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:54 am

kireblue wrote:A lot of editors use the direct link feature of the site to post the youtube upload of their video.
And I've never understood why. The instructions are pretty clear that links like that (which don't point to an actual downloadable video file) should be indirect, not direct.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

AMVLady
Org Profile

Post by AMVLady » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:16 am

The problem is that I can't view videos, because of the previews is down. I can download the videos, but I would like to see what they are like before I download them, because I had done that and got 1 or 2 of them that I didn't like.

So what I am asking is when will the previews be up and running. Thanks.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:56 am

Scintilla, because people never read.

AMVLady, we had an administration/moderator team meeting about this and other issues. A formal announcement will posted in the coming days. In the meantime, we appreciate your continued patience and thank you for your interest. Please stick around!
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

AMVLady
Org Profile

Post by AMVLady » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:21 pm

Kionon wrote:Scintilla, because people never read.

AMVLady, we had an administration/moderator team meeting about this and other issues. A formal announcement will posted in the coming days. In the meantime, we appreciate your continued patience and thank you for your interest. Please stick around!
Thanks, it just at times someone reads something, says something and to some people they off the mark. I just want to know when the previews are up and running. Thanks.

AMVLady
Org Profile

Post by AMVLady » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:00 pm

It seems that the previews are still down, I know that it will take some time, can someone announce what is going on, on the front page, to tell what is happening and that, hopefully, the problem can be resolved soon. Thank.s

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:43 am

It seems that restoring the preview feature to the site will not only require us to re-encode every video that has ever been uploaded to it, but also rewrite the code that was responsible for handling that process. Multiple members of the moderator and admin team have had discussions on how to go about doing this, but they currently do not have the time to commit to the project. Hopefully this will change soon. We're going to try to have the previews restored as soon as possible, but may end up talking another month or two. Sorry for not being able to address this sooner.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”