Previews down again

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Re: Previews down again

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:13 pm

if the admin and mods dont have time cause of their jobs etc etc, why not just switch to new mods that has the time, there is ones that know coding and rewriting stuff, me no, but i get the concept and i see online all the time people talking {on youtube facebook etc} how they knew this and that of computers and encoding. from what i can tell the new server you went to doesnt accept the JW FLV Media Player your using
which means you have to ether find a different video Media Player that the server accepts or go to a new server as theres a bunch of servers to switch to. im just saying i mean no Disrespect as i come off that way sorry

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:18 pm

i think the easyest way to fix it is have everyone download their own videos then get rid of the files having everyone reupload if the mods dont have much time to do anything else, it be one hell of a thing to do re-uploading all my 60 plus videos but it can be done if thats the only way to go because as it is no one wants to re-encode all the existing videos

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:44 pm

ClaudiusValentine wrote:if the admin and mods dont have time cause of their jobs etc etc, why not just switch to new mods that has the time,
yeah, that's one of the things that we plan on doing. We've recently talked about posting a open call for new moderators and people that are willing to help, but we haven't gotten around to actually doing it yet. Hopefully, we'll be able to get the ball moving on everything either shortly before or shortly after the holidays.
ClaudiusValentine wrote:i think the easyest way to fix it is have everyone download their own videos then get rid of the files having everyone reupload if the mods dont have much time to do anything else, it be one hell of a thing to do re-uploading all my 60 plus videos but it can be done if thats the only way to go because as it is no one wants to re-encode all the existing videos
From what I understand, the problem that we have regarding the previews is that we already have preview files for a vast majority of the videos in the catalog. But unfortunately, they weren't copied over to the new server. Also, the code that automatically generated preview files as people uploaded their AMVs isn't compatible with the new server (its not actually the player). So until that code is replaced, we won't be able to create new files for all the videos that were uploaded after the switch. So instead of trying to transfer over the old preview files, it was decided to wait for the code to be replaced and to have it automatically re-encode every video in our database with higher quality settings.

But thank you for your suggestions and patience throughout this whole process.

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:14 pm

i hope you do put a open call for new mods that has the time to help the site cause i knew this was coming cause nothing that was promised was getting done {new web design new features etc} there was old posts say someone was gonna try to update the site with a new design new added features starting with a new server then the new server added more sh^t messing up the entire website lol

once you get everything fixed with the new server i hope you put up a new webdesign cause this is older then the original yahoo design lmao

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:37 am

Thank you for your patience everyone! Previews are now being restored, and they're better than ever! More info can be found here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 4&t=126921

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”