Site FAQ

Everything you need to know before posting
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - General

Post by Kireblue » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:22 pm

Q: How do I become eligible to participate in the VCAs?

To vote for videos during the VCAs, you must first accept the "voter agreement" that gets posted on the main site at the start of every year (usually around the beginning of February).

In order for the videos that you've created to be eligible for the VCAs, you must check the "All of my videos have been entered into the catalog" checkbox on your Edit Profile page. If you don't want to enter the VCAs this year, feel free to disqualify yourself by unchecking this box. You can check your eligibility status by clicking here.

Your videos must also follow the site rules and guidelines.

• 1. All Participating videos must be cataloged

2. Videos must not have blank anime

3. Videos must not have "various" or "unknown" listed as a anime

4. Videos must not have blank music

5. Videos must not have "various" or "unknown" listed as a song or artist

6. All of the videos in your profile must have anime in them. It's okay if you have a video that uses some non-anime footage, but any videos completely devoid of anime in your profile will get you disqualified. Please use the delete form to remove any of these video entries.
*Note: Video creators can request changes to information that can no longer be edited by the video creator by using this form. Please be patient about requested change of information as all of us will try to process your request as soon as possible among the large expected volume.

Other disqualifying conditions: These will not be enforced automatically. However, if during the course of the contest you are found to have broken one of these rules, then you may be disqualified from entering and voting. As before, please use the delete form to remove incorrect video entries.
  • 1. You must have one and only one membership account.

2. A video must have one and only one catalog entry.

3. You must have personally created (or helped in creating) all of the videos in your profile.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Site FAQ - Forum

Post by Kireblue » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Q: Can I post non AMVs in the forums as well?

In the case of videos that primarily use non anime-style video game footage (For Ex: World of Warcaft), Non Japanese animation (For Ex: My Little Pony), or Cosplay Music Videos that don't also feature a significant amount of anime footage; they are not allowed to be uploaded or cataloged, but they can still be posted, announced, and discussed in the "Other Videos" forum.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Site FAQ - Forum

Post by Kireblue » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Q: What is the "Awaiting Catalog Entry" forum?

The "Awaiting Catalog Entry" forum is a section of site where topics are temporally moved if their videos do not have a corresponding catalog entry. If your post was moved there, please catalog your video as soon as possible. Videos that are not properly cataloged will will have their topic automatically removed after 2 weeks.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Site FAQ - Web Site

Post by Kireblue » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:05 am

Q: How can I search for AMVs?

You can search for videos using the Search for AMVs link on the menu. Some of these will be downloadable, but some may not. It is a creator's choice to make their video obtainable.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Site FAQ - Donations

Post by Kireblue » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:14 am

Q: Why does this website need donations?

The site has a local server that members can host their videos, and also download videos from other people. The bandwidth traffic use is expensive, and the bill for this is supported entirely by the users of the site. Without donations, we'd lose the server, and you'd lose access to all those videos.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:19 am

Q: How can I donate?

The member’s page links to the Make a Pledge page, which includes detailed information about how different donation types work, and the difference between a pledge and a donation. Note that you must be a member to donate and you must provide your username when leaving a donation. Actual donations can be done via check, money order, bank check, cash, or via Paypal with a credit card.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:22 am

Q: What happens if I make a pledge, but I don't fulfill it?

You'll get a reminder two weeks after, and if you still haven't actually donated three weeks after, your donation status will set to ‘default’. You will not be able to download local videos for a year after the pledge or until your pledge is met, whichever is the sooner.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:25 am

Q: Is the donation status permanent?

Donation status expires exactly one year after the day it was fulfilled, but you can always renew it.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:29 am

Q: I made a donation, but my status hasn't changed.

It takes a few days to process, but if you're not listed as a donator after about a week, contact donations@animemusicvideos.org . Note that your donation status will only show up on your site profile/forum posts if you have selected for it to be shown in your user settings.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Q: How do I add a image to my Video Information page?

To add a image to the video information page of one of your videos, click on the "edit" button in the "comments" section of the page. Then paste the following code:
<a style="display:block; background:url('imageURL.jpg'); height:300px; width:500px; background-repeat:no-repeat;"></a>
imageURL.jpg: This should be the direct URL of the image that you'd like to post

height:300px; width:500: This should be the dimensions of the image that you'd like to post. It's recommended that you set the width of your image to be about 500px or less, but both values can be changed to whatever you like.

Return to “Rules & FAQs”