Consistent naming for anime franchises

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Consistent naming for anime franchises

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:58 am

Can someone to go through some of the really long franchises and clean up their anime entries in the video upload database? The anime series for Pokemon in particular are really convoluted and inconsistent.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Consistent naming for anime franchises

Post by mirkosp » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:12 pm

Some of the issues here start right from the naming convention.
Stuff licensed gets the licensed title, whereas unlicensed stuff keeps the jp title. Some franchises are only partially licensed and that means it's going to inherit this issue in our database.
It doesn't help that Pokémon rights themselves have had a terrible story of being divided between different licensors with different treatments all the time. This also can include different naming convention between licensors.
Add to that the fact that there was no real database standard before a couple years back when it has been voted for here in the forum, and you get the current db situation.

I have to be frank, if I can find the time to do a bit of work on the anime entries database, I'd rather do it to confirm or reject the 1k+ unconfirmed entries (currently I only work on those when there's a request in the forum for a specific entry) than to fix up older entries which can still be found and used.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”