Sexual content clarification

BrownJenkin
Org Profile

Sexual content clarification

Post by BrownJenkin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Hey all,

I am currently making an End of Evangelion AMV (my first one by the way), and was wondering if some of my footage qualified the video for removal.

Most of the "infamous Asuka/Shinji scene" is included, and it involves female partial nudity and a reference to masturbation. I feel these scenes are important in the AMV's narrative structure and theme, and they are in no way intended to be sexually arousing. However, if this means my creation won't be viewed, I may be forced to restructure the whole thing.

Thanks in advance!

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Sexual content clarification

Post by seasons » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:14 pm

I would assume that it would just fine and keep working on it for now with the scene included as you'd planned. I know there are other AMVs on this site that have included it and at least a few of them are pretty well-known.

Not speaking for the site or anything, I'm sure someone else who can will tell you for sure.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:15 pm

More or less what seasons said. That scene should be fine. But just to be more precise.
Nudity is permitted provided it either has an artistic function in the video or is not depicted in an overtly erotic context.
In case of doubt, just upload an indirect copy for us mods to check. I think if enough mods approve on the local upload, it should be fine.

BrownJenkin
Org Profile

Post by BrownJenkin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response guys!

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”