Search by filetype is broken

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Search by filetype is broken

Post by mirkosp » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:13 pm

As per subject, search by filetype is broken, or so it seems.

I'll be more specific with an example of what I was looking for.

I was trying to find an AMV which I recalled:

- being in the Action category
- using Ikkitousen among its sources
- having a LOCAL file available for download
- very likely being of mp4 due to the timeframe of when it was edited (I was recalling something between 2006 and 2009).

Now what I did was set Ikkitousen in anime, Action in category (radio button set on more results), download on Local Download, media MPEG4 (.mp4), Order by Relevance Descending, and Recent all.

This is the result for those that don't feel like filling the super search on their own.

The video I was looking for wasn't there. After a couple tries I found it by removing the media specification (so without the MPEG4 (.mp4)). The result page with the amv I was searching is this page, with the video I was looking for in position 4 at the time of this writing.

Just for the curious ones (and in case future results will change), I was looking for this:

Now as you can see, the LOCAL file is a .mp4, so why wasn't it showing up in the search? :uhoh:

The closest guess I have is that the filetype search is searching for the "MPEG4 (.mp4)" text string, which shows up on DIRECT and indirect links, but LOCAL has just "MP4" under Format, which wouldn't match that.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”