Uploading troubles

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Uploading troubles

Post by Sephirothskr » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:59 pm

Getting this weird message after having one hell of a hard time uploading my video (Which is bigger than the maximum upload size) So I tried uploading it few times by sending in a special request, my download keeps resetting. I fixed it I think to where it won't reset but now when I go to the "Large video submission page" I get this.

You are now the proud owner of a screwy error message from .Org. That error message is: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>500 Internal Server Error</title> </head><body> <h1>Internal Server Error</h1> <p>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.</p> <p>Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.</p> <p>More information about this error may be available in the server error log.</p> <hr> <address>Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) Server at 172.20.0.3 Port 80</address> </body></html> Please report this in the forums.

Any ideas? xD Or did I send too many requests trying to fix this thing?

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Re: Uploading troubles

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:08 am

message deleted

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:10 am

Sephirothskr wrote:Getting this weird message after having one hell of a hard time uploading my video (Which is bigger than the maximum upload size) So I tried uploading it few times by sending in a special request, my download keeps resetting. I fixed it I think to where it won't reset but now when I go to the "Large video submission page" I get this.

You are now the proud owner of a screwy error message from .Org. That error message is: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>500 Internal Server Error</title> </head><body> <h1>Internal Server Error</h1> <p>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.</p> <p>Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.</p> <p>More information about this error may be available in the server error log.</p> <hr> <address>Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) Server at 172.20.0.3 Port 80</address> </body></html> Please report this in the forums.

Any ideas? xD Or did I send too many requests trying to fix this thing?
all i can say is pay for the 300 limit its something of over 12 dollars i pay 20 once a year you keep status all year long till ur paying date
but the org has been having uploading problems as of late their is no previews to any videos even for me a paying member.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:29 am

Large upload requests require valid reasoning (like being a very long video at very high resolution - I.e. 15 minutes @1080p). They are not alternatives to learning how to encode correctly.

It's not an automated system. Someone has to approve it. If nobody has, you're uploading is screwing with the server.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:03 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Large upload requests require valid reasoning (like being a very long video at very high resolution - I.e. 15 minutes @1080p). They are not alternatives to learning how to encode correctly.

It's not an automated system. Someone has to approve it. If nobody has, you're uploading is screwing with the server.
so i guess someones being lazy not looking at the videos to approve them
so if they got to be looked at and approved then theres alot of videos sitting there
cause im not the only one having uploading issues lol

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:14 am

Sadly only a few admins have access to the big file upload approval, so if none of them is around, not much can be done. That said donators have a 300MB limit, and that's plenty enough for a 15 minute 720p even without top notch compression settings, so it should suffice in most cases. The preview issue is a server-side issue, and derobert has to go to the physical location of the server and check out what's wrong, but I think he hasn't had the time to do that yet (I don't even know how close he lives to there).

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”