videos not downloading

calliesam91
Org Profile

videos not downloading

Post by calliesam91 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:54 pm

videos are not stating atomically and when the link shows up to download the video after 10 secs it does not do anything at all. so can't watch videos. I have never had this problem before. please fix it.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: videos not downloading

Post by Kireblue » Sun May 23, 2021 6:54 am

If you try downloading the video in a different browser, it should work. Right now this is a issue that's happening just on google chrome

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:01 pm

its not working in opera.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:24 pm

one option that should always work is to right-click the "here" link, and click "save link as"

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:04 pm

Well they finally worked when I got firefox.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:22 pm

Mroni wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:01 pm
Lol. I didn't know opera was still around. I haven't heard of it since it got bought out by a chinese company years ago. Some of the original creators started making Vivaldi after they sold off opera. It's a pretty good browser.

Mroni
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:34 pm

I was just trying to get something to work lol. But yep its still there.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:58 am

Zarxrax wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:22 pm
Mroni wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:01 pm
Lol. I didn't know opera was still around. I haven't heard of it since it got bought out by a chinese company years ago. Some of the original creators started making Vivaldi after they sold off opera. It's a pretty good browser.
I'm still using Opera as my primary, largely because of the built-in VPN, also because I've been using it since college when it was the first browser with tabs and ran banners that said "BUY OPERA TODAY! And make this banner go away.", but I'm still bummed that they abandoned their codebase and turned it into just a reskinned Chromium.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Zorra Reed
Org Profile

Post by Zorra Reed » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:16 am

Finally, I was having the same issues. I only have Chrome on this PC and changing browsers is not an option for me. The right click Save link option did work. I was able to download it to my Pc directly to watch. The drawback is, I have to do that with all videos, things I don't want to keep. I should be able to watch them on the website. Hope this issue is resolved soon. I've recently returned to browsing this site as my main source of AMVs since Youtube keeps removing the good ones and I'd hate to give them up due to access issues.
Zorra Reed
Fearless Leader

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:24 am

Zorra Reed wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:16 am
Finally, I was having the same issues. I only have Chrome on this PC and changing browsers is not an option for me. The right click Save link option did work. I was able to download it to my Pc directly to watch. The drawback is, I have to do that with all videos, things I don't want to keep. I should be able to watch them on the website. Hope this issue is resolved soon. I've recently returned to browsing this site as my main source of AMVs since Youtube keeps removing the good ones and I'd hate to give them up due to access issues.
The preview option is working. As long a the video is uploaded to the local server, you should be able to stream it without downloading

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”