Adding Direct Link error

Post Reply
CDLang84
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:41 pm
Org Profile

Adding Direct Link error

Post by CDLang84 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:03 am

I've been around here for a while, but I'm encountering a problem I've never had before and wondering if anyone else has come across this error yet. I've never had a problem adding google drive videos as direct links in the past and for some reason its doing it now. Just wondering what the problem is but this is the message I'm getting.

ERROR: Link is not valid: 307 - OK

Common Problems:
* Protocal required: http://, https://, ftp://
* No closing / at the end of a directory:
http://www.site.com/video/directory should be http://www.site.com/video/directory/
* You just typed the name in wrong. :-)

Like I said never had issues before until now. Or can I not add google drive links anymore?

User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Adding Direct Link error

Post by Kireblue » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:29 pm

I was able to add a google drive url as a direct link. Are you still having issues?

CDLang84
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:41 pm
Org Profile

Re: Adding Direct Link error

Post by CDLang84 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:54 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:29 pm
Kireblue wrote:I was able to add a google drive url as a direct link. Are you still having issues?
Still having issues unfortunately. I might try using another operating system to see if there's an issue on my end.

User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Adding Direct Link error

Post by Kireblue » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:01 pm

CDLang84 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:54 pm
CDLang84 wrote:
Kireblue wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:29 pm
Kireblue wrote:I was able to add a google drive url as a direct link. Are you still having issues?
Still having issues unfortunately. I might try using another operating system to see if there's an issue on my end.
switching to a different operating system shouldn't affect anything, but have you tried switching web browsers?

CDLang84
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:41 pm
Org Profile

Re: Adding Direct Link error

Post by CDLang84 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:01 pm
CDLang84 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:54 pm
CDLang84 wrote:
Kireblue wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:29 pm
Kireblue wrote:I was able to add a google drive url as a direct link. Are you still having issues?
Still having issues unfortunately. I might try using another operating system to see if there's an issue on my end.
switching to a different operating system shouldn't affect anything, but have you tried switching web browsers?
I tried messing around with this for almost a week and still can't find the issue. I tried different web browsers as well both firefox and
Chrome. Still had the same issue. Can't wrap my head around this one. Would clearing the cache work? I haven't tried that option yet.

User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Adding Direct Link error

Post by Kireblue » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Possibly. I haven't heard about anyone else having this issue, so I think that it's something on your end.

CDLang84
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:41 pm
Org Profile

Re: Adding Direct Link error

Post by CDLang84 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:47 pm
Possibly. I haven't heard about anyone else having this issue, so I think that it's something on your end.
Well I tried doing so and no luck. I even tried using my phone and still get the same error. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is here. Unless I uninstall and reinstall my internet browsers...

User avatar
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 7:42 pm
Status: BLEEP BLOOP!
Location: doki doki space
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Adding Direct Link error

Post by dokidoki » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Does the link work if you're logged out of Google? (ie: is the file shared publicly?)
Sorry if it's an obvious question, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"

User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Adding Direct Link error

Post by Kireblue » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:14 pm

dokidoki wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:30 pm
Does the link work if you're logged out of Google? (ie: is the file shared publicly?)
Sorry if it's an obvious question, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
I never figured out what the issue was, but I was able to log into his account and add it for him

Post Reply

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”