Upload and Download Restrictions

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Upload and Download Restrictions

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:03 am

AnaEl92=) wrote:would an AMV with almost all the death scenes of umineko no naku koro ni be considered excesive violence? I don't know if I should upload it or not...
and I don't know anything about file size, so is 328 MB alright or do I need to ask for permission? it's in mp4 format...
Umineko no Naku Koro ni is typical TV show, it's well okay.
The encoding is not, though. We have a limit of 100MB and anything over won't pass if it isn't long enough. So unless your video isn't huge or over 8-10 minutes, you're out of luck.

Try following some stuff in this: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:20 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:
AnaEl92=) wrote:would an AMV with almost all the death scenes of umineko no naku koro ni be considered excesive violence? I don't know if I should upload it or not...
and I don't know anything about file size, so is 328 MB alright or do I need to ask for permission? it's in mp4 format...
Umineko no Naku Koro ni is typical TV show, it's well okay.
"Typical TV show" is a criteria for acceptability? >_>

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:23 am

I took a look at the video in question a week and a half ago, and it was too graphic for local/direct

CBizcocho
Org Profile

Post by CBizcocho » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Im just wondering would elfen lied be too violent for this site I haven't uploaded this cus i didn't want to get banned but can you say if you think it's violating the rules. also what about higurashi (just want to kill 2 birds with one stone. oops is that too violent)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:18 pm

There are many videos of both series hosted locally.

The decapitation in Elfen Lied, and dismemberment where the bone is showing (graveyard fight scene with Nana) are the typical examples of "too violent" whenever this type of question pops up.

If you're unsure about a video, you can find some place to upload it temporarily and send a link to a mod or admin to get a go/no-go on uploading it here.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:30 am

if the video is ruled to be too much for the local hosting, there are sites that will host such videos (see my sig)
ImageImageImageImage

toyufrey
Org Profile

Post by toyufrey » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Phade wrote:Hey All,
  • You may not upload videos containing sexual nudity or excessive graphic violence. If you upload a video containing sexual nudity or excessive graphic violence, you will no longer be able to upload or download videos from this site. There will be no warnings. The first offense will get your videos removed and have you banned. If you think that maybe your video contains any scene that might possibly be considered sexual nudity or excessive graphic violence by the admin of this site, it's best to play it safe and not to upload it.

Phade.
Im a new member to the site and I was wanting to upload a non-sexually-graphic amv. it does have some sex in the episode that I want to use, but I am unsure if it would be appropriate for this website and the above quote. the episode is episode 8 of the anime Shinsekai Yori, which can be watched for free on kiss anime on any mobile device or desktop computer. I was wanting to put up a boy dumps boy gets a girl amv kind of thing.... when you have time, can you watch the episode and then reply to me on if the sex scenes would be appropriate?
thanks.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 am

toyufrey wrote:Im a new member to the site and I was wanting to upload a non-sexually-graphic amv. it does have some sex in the episode that I want to use, but I am unsure if it would be appropriate for this website and the above quote. the episode is episode 8 of the anime Shinsekai Yori, which can be watched for free on kiss anime on any mobile device or desktop computer. I was wanting to put up a boy dumps boy gets a girl amv kind of thing.... when you have time, can you watch the episode and then reply to me on if the sex scenes would be appropriate?
thanks.
Hi, toyufrey, and welcome to the Org. :D

As long as the AMV itself does not have sexually graphic content (and does not violate any other content rule), that would be fine. That the episode (or any other source) has such content is not the issue -- there are plenty of examples of Elfen Lied videos that do not use the more violent or nude parts, even if the anime itself has it.

I hope that answers your question, and if you have any more questions about the site and its policies, please feel free to post your concerns in this part of the forum or to PM myself or another administrator or moderator (those of us with red or green color names), and we would be happy to answer your questions.

Thanks! :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “Site Announcements”