Site on New Server and Host

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Re: Site on New Server and Host

Post by derobert » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:13 am

TaranT wrote: Things are really weird tonight, though. The forum seems to be ok, but when I tried to go back to my main page, it loaded part of the page over and over and over...until I linked elsewhere. Also, some database pages just come up blank (white). Source-view shows a few lines and no more.
My fault. I put some code on the server to find out which pages are slowing things down (btw, whoever waited through the 26-minute anime.php search, I have one thing to say: You have NO life, and I mean none) and it seems to have broken Internet Explorer support.

Oops. D'oh! It appears that the PHP docs lie (shutdown functions can produce output, oops) and when they do --- especially when you have output compression turned on --- things break. It appears the Mozilla manages to ignore junk tacked onto the end of compressed output, while IE just displays a blank page.

Anyway, even with the site half-broken last night, all the profiling has produced useful data. Looking at it now, expect more speedups soon. Hopefully ones that won't break IE. :evil:
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

Return to “Site Announcements”