Website Redesign Project (Help Needed!)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Website Redesign Project (Help Needed!)

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:01 am

Hello Everyone,
For those that have been around for a while, this is a bit of a complicated subject to talk about, but AnimeMusicVideos.org has officially started a new team for handling the redesign and modernization of the website. We are looking for talented individuals in the community that would be interested in working on this open-source project that will shape the future of this website. This is going to be a collaborative effort of many, this should allow development to continue even if some of those working on it need to step away from it at any time. If you're interested in helping out the following roles or teams, please fill out the following form: Site Redesign Interest Form

Roles Needed
  • Art Director / Web UI Designer
  • Front End Developers
  • Back End Developers
  • Database Architect
  • Security Manager

Current Teams & Members
  • Project Managers
    • Kireblue
    • l33tmeatwad
  • Community
    • Kireblue
    • BioticAMVs
  • Front End
    • Falconone
  • Back End
    • eat_those_lemons

Current Plans
First and foremost we need to fill these roles so that logistics can be discussed amongst the developers. We want to make sure everyone working on this project has a say in things and isn't just following the vision of a single individual. This community is what it is today because of everyone that has come together to build it with what they had to offer, we want that reflected in the redesign as well.

If you are not a developer and want to help, your suggestions are welcomed, we will be trying to figure out the best way to collect and organize these so please be patient as we figure that out. There have been some discussions about new features and other things that need to be fixed. This list will grow as the project continues, but for now, the initial goals with the redesign will attempt to address these issues and update or add these features:

Issues to Address
  • Automatic donation status updater.
  • Content tagging system.
  • Mobile accessibility.
  • Search engine optimization.
Features to Add or Update
  • Homepage for Discovery / Thumbnails
  • Personalized (Dark Mode, Personalize Colors, etc.)
  • Guide Submissions / Trusted Guides Section
  • Public comments / Ability to disable comments
Site Redesign Public Meeting: Saturday, July 30th @ 3PM
A-M-V.org Discord Server

Want to Join?

Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Re: Website Redesign Project (Help Needed!)

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:53 am

The frontend doesn't need anything except another filtering option or two when searching for videos. Like it would be nice to be able to search for videos that ONLY include footage from animes with "Evangelion" in the name somewhere, so the search results aren't flooded with "26 other animes, click here to see full list"... when I just want to find Evangelion videos.

Edit: And where the heck is Phade?!?

EDIT 2: Videos we've already downloaded should be sortable by when we last downloaded them. I apparently binge-downloaded a bunch of Evangelion videos about two years ago, but they somehow didn't make their way into the current version of my music video archive. It would be nice if I didn't have to sort through the 400 videos I still have just to find the 10-20 that slipped through the cracks.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “Site Announcements”