IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Moving to the new server...

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Re: Moving to the new server...

Post by ChronoWraith » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:48 am

crunchbandicoot wrote:Seriously, what the hell's going on? Why aren't the previews working if everything us supposedly fixed?
See derobert's previous post:
derobert wrote:
$p@wn wrote:A-a-and... previews are still screwed. My question was silently ignored in previous thread, but I hope to get the answer here. So, as I was asked to do, doing it right here and right now - hereby I'm reminding you of this problem. Here, I've done it. So-o-o... bloody when?
From my previous post: "Uploads will come back first—probably FTP, then web shortly after (I seem to recall the web upload code actually talks to the FTP server—if not, web may come first). Streaming will be next—the big hurdle there is I either need to get Phade to hook back up & turn on Kero so I can copy the encodes off, or alternatively re-encode them all. Re-encode them all will take a while (as in months, but of course we'll start with the popular ones, or ones that are requested, or something like that), but would give us an excellent opportunity to up the video quality."

previews == streaming, sorry if that wasn't clear!
TL;DR - previews require either a LONG time to re-encode or a shorter, but probably still long time where the old server (which he doesn't have access to without help) is available. So, previews will be awhile. If you want them to come back faster maybe you can find a way to provide additional resources to speed up the re-encoding.
<----Place Holder---->

animefan1
Org Profile

Re: Moving to the new server...

Post by animefan1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:35 pm

ChronoWraith wrote:TL;DR - previews require either a LONG time to re-encode or a shorter, but probably still long time where the old server (which he doesn't have access to without help) is available. So, previews will be awhile. If you want them to come back faster maybe you can find a way to provide additional resources to speed up the re-encoding.
Okay thank you. I was actually wondering about this myself. I can't get the new videos that I uploaded to show previews, so I was wondering what was going on! But you say it's going to be a while? Well that's great. Just please tell me that the videos that I did upload recently will have previews once this is all done?
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- ) (https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

shumira_chan
Org Profile

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Moving to the new server...

Post by shumira_chan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:05 pm

It might be worth noting that uploads are working, but pre-update FTP credentials are obsolete so a new FTP login must be requested for pending files.

Return to “Site Announcements”