Bringing back the Site Newsletter!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Bringing back the Site Newsletter!

Post by Kireblue » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Hello everyone. I am very excited to inform you all that within the next few weeks, A-M-V.org will be revitalizing our site newsletter! It has been over 8 years since we've officially published one, and so we plan to give it a fresh new spin, a brand new format, and lots content relevant not only to the site, but also to the AMV community as a whole.

Here is some proposed content that we will be looking to add: Upcoming Cons/ Contests, Popular new video releases, Site updates and announcements, Community spotlights, AMV reviews, Interviews, Editor Spotlights, Hardware/ Software product reviews, Con reports, and General AMV news.

The release of the first newsletter is currently scheduled for May 15th 2016, and so If you are interested in helping out by providing content, please PM me by May 10th. If you have general suggestions or questions, feel free to post them in this thread.

*Note: If you would like to review a AMV, please make sure that you have the permission from the creator. This requirement is lifted if the video is more than 5 years old and considered a "Classic".

If you want to participate in the "Anime First Impressions" section of the org newsletter, here is the form to submit your reviews http://goo.gl/forms/GVSB0jr6xx . Your reviews should be really short phrases to describe the shows that are currently airing from the perspective of a editor. So for example, you might say that a show has good fight footage, and natural transitions.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Bringing back the Site Newsletter!

Post by seasons » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:09 am

Do we need to sign up for it?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:21 am

seasons wrote:Do we need to sign up for it?
nope. The newsletter will be sent to everyone that has the "Bring it On" option selected in the newsletter section of their Edit Profile page. And so I think that most people have it selected by default

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:04 pm

Mine was set to "No Freaking Way" but I'm good to go now.

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 am

An editor spotlight with Q&As would be a great section.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:01 am

exkcal wrote:An editor spotlight with Q&As would be a great section.
Great idea! I'll add that to the list of proposed content :up: :awesome:

LucenteFuct
Org Profile

Post by LucenteFuct » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Rather excellent idea

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun May 15, 2016 9:28 am

Today was supposed to be the day that the first issue of the newsletter got released, but there is gonna have to be a slight delay for it. I'm still gonna try to get it out within the next few days though. Once again, if anyone would be interested in helping me with this project, feel free to PM me :D

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:50 am

Did this ever come out?

Also, will its contents be posted anywhere on the Org or anywhere else online for general viewing?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:17 am

seasons wrote:Did this ever come out?

Also, will its contents be posted anywhere on the Org or anywhere else online for general viewing?
This project is currently in limbo, but its still something that I plan to move forward with in the near future. When I initially posted it about it, I did so with the belief that there would be a handful of people that would be interested in helping me out with it. But since I wasn't really contacted by anyone, I had to go back to the drawing board a little bit. At the moment, I'm very busy managing the Project Org Editor competition that is currently taking place on the site, and so I'm not able to put the newslwtter together by myself. And so I'm currently in the process of finding people that would be able to assist me with it.

Return to “Site Announcements”